Wearing boxer shorts as an outfit.

By on July 16, 2010 6:25:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

WaitingOnTh...

Join Date 06/2010
+2

So I've been running every couple days and been wearing boxers and a t-shirt as an outfit. The boxers are comfy as hell, and don't chafe me or force my posture anywhere. However the shirt has been bugging me, and dragging all up on my shoulders. So I'm gonna ditch the shirt and just wear the boxers. Any thoughts on that?...... can I get arrested or anything? I'm gonna do it anyways just cause I want and need to be comfortable, but sometimes it seems like society is pretty shallow when it comes to these things. I guess I'm just crying out for support, but any thought are welcome. But anyone else do that though? wear boxers as an outfit that is?

74 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 16, 2010 6:40:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I guess it would depend at what time you run and where. Running through the red light district at 2:00 in the morning is probably not a good idea, dressed like that!

July 16, 2010 6:43:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

But anyone else do that though? wear boxers as an outfit that is?

............really? No, but you seem more comfortable with your body than I am with mine. I go to one of the largest universities in the country and I don't see people do that. But of course, it's legal for women to be topless in Columbus, and I don't see that much in public either.

My suggestion, throw on some gym shorts. They're made to be comfortable, and I've never had a problem with them. Your neighbors might not like the idea of you running in your boxers, but it's ultimately your call.

July 16, 2010 6:52:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Run naked.  If people are cool with that then tits up!

Okay, seriously... depends on what kind of boxers you have on.  I have a couple pair of boxers that look just like regular shorts, so if I went running in them I doubt anyone would even notice, unless my dingle dangle popped out the front opening.  And really, I think that's the most important problem... will the dingle dangle get exposed?    I used to run all the time (should go back to doing it) and my biggest problem were good running shoes.  I bought an expensive pair that killed my feet.  Later on bought a cheap pair that were perfect.  Go figure. 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 16, 2010 7:06:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I believe I've found something you'd be interested in:

http://www.bluebonnetnudistpark.com/www/bareindex.htm

July 16, 2010 7:13:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tch... This must be a joke thread... If not.

You are an idiot.

And yes... Boxers alone would count as indecent exposure.

As for the shallow thing. Personally I think anyone who walks around in nothing but Boxers because their shirt and pants are "itchy" are pretty damn shallow.

It sure as hell isn't "Enlightened" behavior.

July 16, 2010 7:30:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Admiral100,
Run naked.  If people are cool with that then tits up!

Okay, seriously... depends on what kind of boxers you have on.  I have a couple pair of boxers that look just like regular shorts, so if I went running in them I doubt anyone would even notice, unless my dingle dangle popped out the front opening.  And really, I think that's the most important problem... will the dingle dangle get exposed?    I used to run all the time (should go back to doing it) and my biggest problem were good running shoes.  I bought an expensive pair that killed my feet.  Later on bought a cheap pair that were perfect.  Go figure. 

I don't think my dangle is popping out, but I catch myself looking a lot to check. But I don't think its happening. On most of my boxers it would, but this fly stays really shut. Whoever made that pair of boxers is pretty much my hero/heroes.

Yeah, I know what your talking about with running shoes. That used to be a big deal for me.... shoe comfort. It messed up my workouts for years, and I basically stopped riding my biking and running for a long long time. The old pair I used to wear were all torn up and every new pair I tried seemed to be uncomfortable. Luckily I was able to get a good pair, but its tough though. I agree that expensive isn't always the best too. Also, I didn't think the pair I got was good until I broke them in, which took a while, so that might be something to consider as well.

Also, I've had a lot of foot/leg/knee problems mostly coming from my younger days playing basketball. So Ive kind of adapted to my weaker anatomy. I only run up hills now; I feel that really lessens the pounding. Luckily for me I live in an area where there are a lot of hills of different sizes. To change things up from just jogging I also jog backwards and do intervallic sprint workouts

@jeffalford: Actually back in the day I did used to take walks dressed like that at around that time, but I decided it was too cold. Maybe not now though in summer, but I just haven't really wanted to do that lately. I live in a safe neighborhood though; not rich, not poor.

@G3mpi3 Legal for women to be topless in Columbus? I didn't know that. I feel like that's a good thing, I'm very anti requirement when it comes to clothing. I just wish society were a little moreso. As far as gym shorts, I haven't had a good experience. They are too thick and they always make me itchy and I feel forced to take certain posture positions. I feel like it's actually bad for my health to wear them because of the posture thing. But yeah I feel like sometimes people judge me a little as a little different because of wearing boxers in public, but I try to feed off that superficiality and negative energy. Sadly I'm also painfully insecure and always worried people will say things to me about it. People don't say bad things though, although unfortunately they do talk to me sometimes. I try to carry myself as aloof as possible to avoid that.

July 16, 2010 7:58:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting abomination5,
I believe I've found something you'd be interested in:

http://www.bluebonnetnudistpark.com/www/bareindex.htm

I'm alone and I don't like the social aspect of the nudist thing. Although thank you for the suggestion.

Quoting Saije,
Tch... This must be a joke thread... If not.

You are an idiot.

And yes... Boxers alone would count as indecent exposure.

As for the shallow thing. Personally I think anyone who walks around in nothing but Boxers because their shirt and pants are "itchy" are pretty damn shallow.

It sure as hell isn't "Enlightened" behavior.

Thank you for your viewpoint, and it's certainly a common one. However I'm not asking you to change any of your behavior, so therefore I don't see how I am being shallow. Clothes bother me a lot when I'm trying to workout. I wish I could do it naked to be honest. But even playing to societies standards, boxers are no skimpier than the tight shorts girls frequently wear. I think they are just a little taboo because of the underwear thing.

July 16, 2010 10:07:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

C'mon now, underwear is underwear and not made to wear in public, just put on a swimming suit or shorts, should be just as comfortable.

July 16, 2010 11:18:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I was with my family in the car the other day. We saw a dude run by in shorts so short they looked like briefs. My boys and I thought it was hilarious. My wife thought it was embarrassing.

Seriously though, I echo LightStar. Undies are so called for a reason... they are to be worn under something else.

July 16, 2010 11:54:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Undies are so called for a reason... they are to be worn under something else.

Unless you're a droog....

Boxers as outdoor clothing will get you arrested [pretty-well anywhere].

Prudish ends of the world even get uptight if you wear swimwear as 'clothing' too far removed from a beach or pool.

Other than that...let's NOT call people 'idiot', not if you want to remain a member/contributor on this forum.

July 17, 2010 12:01:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just a little off subject...

Here in California, It is legal to drive naked. It is illegal to drive without shoes.

Problem is that if you are driving naked and get stopped and asked to get out of your vehicle, GOTCHA. Indecent exposure.

Go figure. ROFLMAO!

July 17, 2010 2:15:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Mirsguy and Lightstar: I understand that there are a lot of people who think that underwear should remain underwear, I just can't be that way. I mean I would if I could because it would be more convenient. But all through school I remember being really uncomfortable, and it hurt my posture..... made me tense all the time, and I slouched terribly. I want to be comfortable, loose and healthy, so I pretty much just stick to the boxer shorts now for most activities -naked for riding my indoor bike and stretching in my backyard.clothed in regular pants/shorts when I absolutely have too which luckily is pretty much never-.... I wish I had gone sans regular clothes before too, I'd probably be healthier. I mean I understand that at restaurants and stuff, they have the right to kick me out, cause they want to appease people and it's good for business Hell they'd even want to kick out people with physical deformities too, if they could. I don't attempt to go to those restaurants. I'm just trying to live my life walking and running on the street. And I straight up can't live in non boxer shorts, so I make no attempts to do so.

And Mirsguy; good for that guy. Though I'm personally not comfortable in the larger more constrictive fabric of traditional short shorts, I respect him for wearing what he wants(hopefully that's the case). And it takes something to willingly make yourself the object of children's(highly linear) laughter, and women's(also highly linear) superficial embarrassment. I have mad respect for that guy. I just wish other people would think beyond. Personally I try to look beyond these things, and I do go outside.

@Jafo: Maybe it can you get arrested, but I have hundreds of individual experiences of going outside in boxers+ shirt and not getting arrested. I also have many experiences of going to the grocery store in boxers. The shirtless+ boxers bit not so much, but I have done that several times(five maybe) in daylight in a previous phase, and tens of times in the middle of the night(also in a previous phase). Also I have worn shirts that were literally in complete tatters many many times. on several recalled occasions I have walked right by policemen. I am a bit worried about regularly going in just boxers. Even though the shirt I'm wearing only goes to the very tip of the shorts, it does cover my torso unless I put my arms up. Despite the fact that it is considered okay for a guy to be shirtless, I feel it may distract from my boxers wearingness and give me an overall more clothed appearance, which may help in my quest to not be arrested.

@ SJN: on each the several occasions I have felt like driving naked, I chose to take backup clothes just in case. I did not know about the legality of driving naked, figured it was though.

eh I dunno, I probably shouldn't have made this topic. Much better to just build self-trust and ignore people. And its always bad to care about something and rant about it on the internet. I used so many words when none were necessary.

July 17, 2010 2:34:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting S J N,
[...]  It is illegal to drive without shoes. [...]
Wait, what?

How does that even make sense?

July 17, 2010 3:02:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh I've worn my boxers in public before.  And I wasn't always drunk ;~p  I got boxers of similar weight to swim trunks.  Whats the differance?  So long as your package is secure who's to know or care.

July 17, 2010 3:18:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting WhiteElk,
Oh I've worn my boxers in public before.  And I wasn't always drunk ;~p  I got boxers of similar weight to swim trunks.  Whats the differance?  So long as your package is secure who's to know or care.

Word.

July 17, 2010 5:49:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

LoL. Just no Word UP when wearing boxers in public, and all's good.

July 17, 2010 12:38:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Undies are so called for a reason... they are to be worn under something else.

I disagree!

July 17, 2010 11:21:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Or....

July 17, 2010 11:28:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd have a very hard time seeing someone on the street, dressed in nothing but his boxers, without thinking "Douche. Douche. Douche." like a mental mantra.

Especially if he's working out. Especially if he's got an iPod tucked in his junk. I imagine he'd have sunglasses.

It may even lead to punching.

July 17, 2010 11:33:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Luckmann,
I'd have a very hard time seeing someone on the street, dressed in nothing but his boxers, without thinking "Douche. Douche. Douche." like a mental mantra.

Especially if he's working out. Especially if he's got an iPod tucked in his junk. I imagine he'd have sunglasses.

It may even lead to punching.

don't even try it. I know shaq fu

July 17, 2010 11:56:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Luckmann,

Quoting S J N, reply 11[...]  It is illegal to drive without shoes. [...]Wait, what?
How does that even make sense?

As far as I know, and I could be wrong, it is an urban legend.  As a young'un I was always told that it was illegal to drive bare-footed but I don't think there is any state in the US that makes it illegal to drive that way.  It's just a common held myth. 

As far as making sense, I think the common thought on it is that without proper footwear the foot might not be able to keep the right force or pressure on the pedals especially over long distances or for any length of time, as in traffic jams.  However, it made perfect sense back in the olden times.  My dad rebuilt a Model A Ford, and let me tell ya, those old cars had shit for any kind of floor board protection and the heat from the freaking engine was awful.  I can't imagine someone driving barefoot in one of those, because you'd get some serious burns.  I will also add that I used to drive a Dodge truck and I could not see anyone being able to drive it without proper footwear.  The clutch is/was pretty hard to push in.

Sorry for the anal retentive reply to all that.  It's just an odd coincidence that I was discussing this very same subject almost 4 hours ago with someone else. 

July 18, 2010 12:05:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey, fair enough. I just reacted to it because I tend to drive without footwear. Mostly while I was getting my permit, since I've gotten used to driving with footwear since (due to the winters, during which it is just highly impractical to take the shoes off when everything is wet).

Gives me a much, much better feel for the pedals and is heaven for driving long stretches. Of course, I've mostly driven "modern" cars, so I can see the logic in no-barefoot-in-old-cars.

July 18, 2010 12:20:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

TAS - Tasmania

24 Feb 2003

Dear Dr Maddison,

I refer to your correspondence questioning whether it is illegal to
drive a motor vehicle in Tasmania with bare feet.

I can advise that it is not an offence to drive with bare feet in this
State. However, charges may result if an accident occurs as a direct
result of the foot of a bare-foot driver slipping off the pedal of a
vehicle.

The charge of "Drive without Proper Control" would be considered if
the accident was attributed to the driver's lack of footwear.

Yours Sincerely
(Signed)
David Llewellyn MHA
MINISTER FOR POLICE AND PUBLIC SAFETY

==================================================

SA - South Australia

15 Mar 2003

Dear Dr Maddison,

Thank you for your letter of 5 December 2002 to Ron Patrick Conlon MP,
Minister for Police, regarding the legality of driving without shoes
or other footwear. The Minister for Police has referred your
correspondence to me as this matter is within my portfolio as Minister
for Transport.

Neither the Road Traffic Act 1961 nor the Australian Road Rules
contain any provisions requiring drivers to wear footwear while
driving. I am not aware of any other South Australian legislation
containing such requirements.

I trust the above information will assist your research into this
matter .

Yours sincerely
(Signed)
For Michael Wright MP
MINISTER FOR TRANSPORT 15/3/2003

WA - Western Australia

20 December 2002

Dear Dr Maddison

Thank you for your letter to the Minister for Police and Emergency
Services, Hon. Michelle Roberts MLA, querying the regulations
governing "barefeet" driving. As the Office of Road Safety provides
information and advice concerning road traffic regulations, the
Minister has asked that I respond to you directly.

The Western Australian Road Traffic Code 2000 does not have a specific
regulation banning the driving of a motor vehicle with no footwear. In
this regard, a driver may drive without shoes or other footwear. There
is, however, responsibility for the driver to have full control of the
vehicle (Regulation 263). The choice of footwear may impact on this
requirement.

I hope this information is of assistance.

Yours sincerely
(Signed)
lain Cameron
Executive Director

NT - Northern Territory

19 December 2002

Dear Dr Maddison

I refer to your letter dated 5 December 2002 to The Hon Paul
Henderson, Minister for Police Fire and Emergency Services regarding
the driving of motor vehicles with bare feet. Your correspondence was
forwarded to my office for a response.

On behalf of the Minister I advise that there is no legislation
prohibiting this practice in the Northern Territory.

Sincerely
(Signed)
D A Smith
Assistant Commissioner
Operations Command
19 December 2002

QLD - Queensland

17 Feb 2003

Dear Dr Maddison

Thank you for your letter of 5 December 2002 seeking information about
whether it is illegal in Queensland to drive a motor vehicle without
footwear.

I have taken up your query with the Assistant Commissioner, Operations
Support Command, Queensland Police Service. The Assistant Commissioner
has advised that there are no provisions in Queensland legislation
that specifically prohibit driving a motor vehicle when not wearing
shoes or another type of footwear.

I trust this information is helpful.

Yours sincerely
(Signed)
TONY McGRADY
Minister for Police and Corrective Services
and Minister Assisting the Premier on the
Carpentaria Minerals Province

ACT - Australian Capital Territory

20 December 2002

Dear Dr Maddison

Thank you for your letter of 5 December 2002 regarding barefoot
driving.

There is no specific road transport legislation for the ACT relating
to footwear that mayor may not be worn when operating a motor vehicle.

However the Australian Road Rules (Rule 297) state in part "...A
driver must not drive a vehicle unless the driver has proper control
of the vehicle..." This is an offence provision.

Should a driver not have proper control of his/her vehicle as a result
of not wearing shoes or other footwear, then this may be considered an
offence under the Australian Road Rules. The police have
responsibility for interpretation and enforcement of these rules.

If you wish to publish any text on this subject, you will find ACT
road transport legislation and the Australian Road Rules at
www.legislation.act.gov.au. Relevant acts and subordinate laws can be
found under 'R' , and the Australian Road Rules are a notifiable
instrument under the Road Transport (Safety and Traffic Management)
Act 1999.

Should you require further information, please contact Jon Brosolo
(Driver Licence Policy) on 620 77162.

Thank you for your interest in this matter.

Yours sincerely
(Signed)
David Quinlan
Manager (Driver and Vehicle Policy)
Road Transport
10 December 2002

These are relevant to Australia...but will likely apply elsewhere/everywhere.

The issue is "the driver must have full control of his vehicle" and if/when it is determined that an accident was caused due to an impairment of foot/pedal function then he is going to be in trouble.

Likewise...pull a mono on a bike and you will likely be walking.

July 18, 2010 12:36:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Go for it. That look will go over great in jail.

July 18, 2010 1:03:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

unless my dingle dangle popped out the front opening.

One word....Velcro

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000797   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.