Cursor dissapears when applied

By on July 13, 2010 11:55:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

xrider55

Join Date 07/2010

Hi, I have a problem with my CursorFX version 2.0

When I chosen my favorite cursor, I press apply and instantly my default windows 7 cursor dissapears... so I can't see the new or any cursor on screen...

Please help

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 14, 2010 1:58:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Click apply twice. It is a bug.

July 14, 2010 4:38:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Click apply twice. It is a bug.
  Setup your hot keys too and use them if needed.

October 23, 2010 11:41:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have the same problem on a new Win7 64 box with ASUS ENGTX 470 card.  Double clicking the install doesn't help.  Any other suggestions?

--Larry

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 24, 2010 12:37:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Double click the cursor you wanna use, not the install.

October 24, 2010 12:51:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you click only once, you get the system cursor. If he's getting no cursor, there'd seem to be a problem with the file. User should state which cursor is his favorite, so others can test for problems.

October 25, 2010 11:53:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Okay....doesn't matter which cursor set I double click on....say Abracadabra, the first one from Stardock....and my stock Windows 7-64 cursor goes invisible.

As a side observation, the Cursor FX Plus preview panel "Current Theme: Windows Default" is blank, as well.  Go figure....

Any further thoughts??  Thanks! --Larry

October 26, 2010 11:40:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Free version or Plus? If the paid version, did you uninstall the free one first? If your cursor is completely gone when trying to apply one, the install may have gone badly. I would uninstall CFX, run CCleaner or similar, reboot and reinstall through Impulse with your AV/Anti-Malware temporarily turned off.

November 1, 2010 5:48:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Plus version first installed on a newly built system, free version was never installed.  I have gone through the uninstall CFX, run CCleaner, reboot, reinstall through Impulse with Norton AV turned off shuffle several times.  No satisfaction, and the problem remains.  Weird.  Is there some unknown hook with Win7-64?  What next??  TIA.  --Larry

November 1, 2010 6:40:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
LAURENCE JOHANSEN I'm running Win 7 64 bit with the Plus version also and haven't seen that problem so you should probably email support@stardock.com   There more than likely is an easy fix.
November 1, 2010 8:39:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

.doesn't matter which cursor set I double click on.

I think there's a misunderstanding here.....you need to "apply" the cursor twice not just double click

November 1, 2010 9:11:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Lantec,

.doesn't matter which cursor set I double click on.

I think there's a misunderstanding here.....you need to "apply" the cursor twice not just double click

Choose the cursor you want, click that button 2 times.

November 1, 2010 10:35:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi...

By any chance have you set a "custom text size"?

If I set/change the default text setting (usually small) to medium or large CursorFX no longer works.  My OS is Win7- 32bit. 

November 1, 2010 11:44:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Kudos to McSam.  By your member number, you also look to be an oldtimer.  Your Karma should definitely go up for this catch.  THANKS!

I had my Display/Custom DPI Setting at 150%, and no CFX in Win7-64 land.  Changed it to 125%, and Check the box for Use Windows XP style DPI scaling and Cursor FX is BACK!!  YIPPEE!!!

Sadly, text size on my 1200x1600 pixel monitor is now getting kind of small.....sigh!

Maybe Stardock, if they are monitoring, can look into this for the next iteration of CursorFX???

--Larry

November 3, 2010 9:37:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi Larry....

I'm glad your problem has been resolved & appreciate your comments.

My Dell U2711 screen resolution is 2560x1440 (default) and it's impossible, for me at least, to read the extremely small text.  Setting the text size to Larger (150%) is my only option which not only renders CursorFX useless, but also most games and several utilities.  Temporary fix: Change text size to Small (default),  Logoff/Logon, run game etc.

I could use Advanced Settings to change the font size, but this does not always work, as many programs (eg Photoshop Elements) sets the font size based on screen resolution.

The bottom line - I'm still looking for a solution!

Sharon

February 1, 2011 10:23:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Applying twice will not help.  It is a Dpi issue.  Any Dpi setting less than 150 will resolve the problem, ie; 147 Dpi works just fine and there is virtually no noticeable difference. You DO NOT need to drop the Dpi all the way down to 125.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.