Changing flashingbutton text color not having any affect

By on June 21, 2010 11:07:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Bebi Bulma

Join Date 04/2004
+220

I've been trying to adjust the text color for the flashing button, on several different skins, and no matter what I change it to, it doesn't change to the color I select. It seems to stay on the same color as the normal buttons. I don't know what the problem is.

SKS 7.09d BETA

WB 7.10 build 273 x64

Windows 7 x64

27 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 21, 2010 11:24:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

June 21, 2010 11:52:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Heh, I'm quite versed in editing stuff in SKS, but for some reason this is the only exception. I have the normal states as white, activated as black, and wanted to change flashing to black, but it remains white, even after saving the skin. It's like it's not registering.

See image.

June 22, 2010 12:26:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Okay, dumb question: Is there a way you can "on purpose" make a button flash? I'm trying to mimick your problem, but can't get a button to flash.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 22, 2010 12:49:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I've found that opening something in WMP (was opening from my dock) would make the player taskbar button flash ("hey! wmp is open!")

June 22, 2010 1:04:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I saw that you had the flashing button with WMP, but it doesn't act that way for me. I've tried other programs that have given me semi-regular flashing buttons, like Photoshop, Indesign, etc. No go.

June 22, 2010 2:15:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

We need some kind of on-demand flashing button app for skin testing purposes.

June 22, 2010 8:53:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Get on an instant messenger of some sort with a someone and then open another window. The IM window should be in the inactive state. When the other person types something in, the button for the IM window will flash....that's the way I test mine.

June 22, 2010 10:22:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Java wanted to update this morning, so I got my flashing button.

Unfortunately though, I'm getting the same thing. The flashing button text seems to be uneditable. I even tried clearing out all the code and re-setting things, to no avail.

I'm guessing this is an issue with SkinStudio that might need some attention.

June 22, 2010 11:10:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is one of those areas in SKS that has settings (in two dang places...neither work) that may work in WB someday...maybe.

The new application setting is another.

This is one of my major gripes about SKS from years ago...there are many settings that have no affect for a paticular section.(content margins are the worst offender)

SKS isnt 100% accurate...never has been...you have to learn thru frustrating trial and error what works and what dosnt...or if your just doing it wrong.

On top of that,there are many 'hidden' settings that just are not in SKS...text shifting is important to me but its not there...and dosnt always work either.

Neil has too much to do to clean it up properly if you ask me.If Stardock really cared,a few masterskinners could show them exactly what works and what dosnt.

I've been trying...I email Neil often but I think he's about fed up with my help.(he's busy,tooooo busy)

Now that dosnt mean there have been no good improvements...some neat things have been added...small things like a setting for text shifting on tabs that worked is awesome to me...I use stuff like that and put the perfect tweak to something and it makes me a happy skinner!

June 22, 2010 11:16:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

One thing that NEED attention now is a lot of the new features have a bunch of standard settings that do zilch...worst offender...image counts.

Some of these sections need 1 or 2 image states but SKS shows it needing the default 5.(in help too)

Very misleading.

I'm a slow skinner at the best of times but I can only imagine how much less time I would have wasted over the years if I didnt have to work around SKS's many flaws.

I encourage Stardock to get Neil some help.

June 22, 2010 11:32:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well you'd think editing something as basic/important as the flashing button would actually work. Think of how many skins have a darker/lighter button image for the flashing button than the normal buttons that would require a different color text...but we can't do it. I swear I was able to change this in the past, probably in the version 6 days, but then again...maybe I couldn't. Really hope this gets fixed.

June 22, 2010 11:34:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

One more bit of advice for Stardock...

When I maximize an edit window...let me choose which tabs to display all at once.

Along with a preview that is accurate I could have image,painting,text and extra settings open all at once.THAT would be cool.

Also...there needs to be some kind of hinting at NEW settings...even a (gasp) tab?

I hate not knowing something and then feeling stupid when I stumble across some new hidden setting...especially if I had to ask someone how to do something...aint I the guy that should know?

There damn sure aint no Masterskinner newsletter.

June 22, 2010 11:36:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It would be nice if there were some release notes with each new update that would tell us what has been added or fixed.

June 22, 2010 2:39:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There are several areas in SKS where it says you you change something Bebi, and the flash button text has never been able to be changed, not even in an .msstyles when StyleBuilder was around.  Like others keep mentioning, SKS needs to be gone over thoroughly by someone at Stardock, and in great depth and detail.

June 22, 2010 2:50:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well that's just shitty. Why is the option even there if it doesn't do anything? It's like we're being teased and taunted, and handicapped at the same time.

June 22, 2010 4:44:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I feel (and have endured ) your pain.

June 22, 2010 10:30:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Now this is cool!........user pic frame!Neil,I luv you man...at least til something else sends me off.

May not work for everyone yet...Neil sent me a file for SKS to make it work...but I bet it will be in the next beta.

June 23, 2010 5:39:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Now this is cool!........user pic frame!Neil,I luv you man...at least til something else sends me off.

June 17, 2011 2:10:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

One year later....any word on this? Is it going to be fixed, can it be fixed? Crappy that I have to change the normal button text color to also change the flashing button text color....really messes up the design.

June 17, 2011 3:37:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hey little girl! I got your flasher right here!

Ya want a cookie?

June 17, 2011 6:57:35 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

June 17, 2011 8:23:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Mmm cookies....

Seriously though, would love to see this fixed.

June 17, 2011 8:36:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

From what I have gathered in the past, this is not a fixable issue.

June 17, 2011 8:51:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

[e digicons]:'([/e]

oh ffs......

June 17, 2011 9:39:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Bebi Bulma,
Seriously though, would love to see this fixed.

Yeah...good luck with that.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.