Is Stardock/Wincustomize Transphobic????

NOT HAPPY AT ALL

By on June 18, 2010 5:59:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

tgirlshayna

Join Date 11/2009
+3

ORIGINAL POST DELETED

The answer is clearly a resounding NO. Thanks y'all

Locked Post 18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 18, 2010 6:07:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

As in life...that is a choice you have to make.

Wincustomize dosnt Assign your profile gender...you must do it.It does however sometimes change spontaneously...just ask a few of the ladies.(Bebi)

June 18, 2010 6:11:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Your profile from the forums shows female, from the skins galleries it is a different profile page which has a bug that has a few females listed as male. The site coders are aware of this bug.

June 18, 2010 6:13:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It is a mistake, a bug with the site. If you'll check, and read forum posts, Xiandi, female, is listed as male. Sydneysiders, also female, is listed as male. There are several more.

It will get fixed in time, but rest assured, there is nothing in the lines of Transphobia going on...lol. Check these posts.

http://forums.wincustomize.com/382125/page/2/#2617538

http://forums.wincustomize.com/380800/page/8/ reply 189

There's more, if you read through.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 18, 2010 6:14:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

[quote who="I.R. Brainiac" reply="1" id="2657015"]As in life...that is a choice you have to make.

Wincustomize dosnt Assign your profile gender...you must do it.It does however sometimes change spontaneously...just ask a few of the ladies.(Bebi)
[/quote]

Bebi, a guy, AAARRRGGGGH!!!!!!  Say it ain't so, Brainy!!    

June 18, 2010 6:31:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm assuming this a bleed over from another forum since I don't recognize your nic...which for the record doesn't identify you as being transgendered. And it seems you must be SiteBugPhobic since it's a site bug and you haven't been targeted in any way. Try not to be so touchy...as it seems you have more of a problem with your gender than anyone else does. You could have just ask why it lists you as male/female instead of going into this gender thing.

June 18, 2010 6:45:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

For the record, you come up as female here when I look at your user page.

June 18, 2010 6:49:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm curious, no, not about that.

sounds more like a self outing??? welcome to the community.

June 18, 2010 6:53:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't recognise you either....but there have been quite a number of threads where it has been questioned, mentioned, joked about....that the chics have turned into blokes.........on their profile page....then back to chics on their site page...so don't stress about it...many of us are trannies at the moment... 

June 18, 2010 7:05:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't feel your genotypic/phenotypic status means much here... that's my own feeling, and from what I've gathered from the replies here.

I do agree that puritanical Judaeo-Christian-Moslem values have made life (in general) tough on anyone who extends over the artificial borders 'modern' society enforces.

For what it's worth, Athenian Greek (ancient) society recognized eight sexes....but in truth, any 'recognition' implies 'outliers'. I don't need the classification at all except when dealing with folks in a professional context.

Relax....and just enjoy folks.

June 18, 2010 7:23:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

as others said, its an unfortunate, coincidental mix up.. isn't bothering me nearly as much as your bold font tho

June 18, 2010 8:22:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I really don't like the bold text...

Anyway, the only other transgendered person I know of here never had any problems with the site.

Just alter your profile, it isn't that difficult 

June 18, 2010 8:29:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Most definitely a site glitch, I think syd originally reported it in the WC2010 bug thread some time back.

See, look here: http://bebibulma.wincustomize.com/ Female, 27, United States

Then here: http://www.wincustomize.com/users/1143580/bebi%20bulma Male, 27 

I'm still definitely 100% female (hard to get much more girly with an avatar like mine), but the site likes to change things up a bit apparently.

To Fuzzy: as far as I know, there's only one place to change the gender, and it displays properly on the WC site profile, but not the Explore profiles, dunno why.

June 18, 2010 8:30:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Slice and dice as you wish, your choice.

June 18, 2010 9:00:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It's a bug.

Site coding has them, particularly when there is more than one site...and their related/connected forums, etc.

As long as it doesn't go really 'odd' and list you as "deceased" then it's not all bad....

You're not the only transgender here. [not sure if the others are listed right or not].   In 4.2 million members there will be all sorts - a microcosm of the broader community.  Anyone discriminating against any other User, for whatever the reason will be shown the door post-haste....

June 18, 2010 9:42:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Please forgive me if I sounded off without checking the forums about this bug, and came off as a crazy b*#@%. Like I said in my original post, I entered female into my account info when I joined, but never noticed my gallery said male until earlier today. This is  just a few days after mentioning in another thread about logonstudio that I am indeed transsexual. It just seemed logical to me, that maybe that info had offended someone, and they reported me to to admin and they had changed it. It's really not a stretch at all for such a thing to happen. I had tried to change it back to female, but no go I had no knowledge of this site glitch. Since that is the case, I can surely live with it. Thanks for putting my suspicions to rest y'all. It's more than I deserve for my rant. So far everyone here has been respectful to me. Thank you, and I hope I didn't spoil it

Transsexuals, or Tgirls, and transgenders can be the target for any number of haters. While it hasn't happened to me in a long time, I have suffered a number of beatings from people that weren't accepting of me, or those like me. Even from men that I was intimate with. I was raped as punishment for it 13 years ago. Even though it was reported to the police, nothing was ever done. Many of my gender sisters have been killed for being who they are. I faced job discrimination early in my transition, bigotry, despise and misunderstanding from people I was close to. While I think I've come a long way since then, I guess I'm scarred from these past experiences, and the knowledge of what can happen when people find out. Maybe I'm to quick to react without thinking things through thoroughly where this subject is concerned. Again, please forgive me, I didn't mean to label.

June 18, 2010 9:50:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yeah, my avatar is pretty much the death metal representation. What can I say??? I'm a heavy metal biker chick  I love the heavy, and Harleys

Y'all are really a cool bunch:) 

June 18, 2010 10:29:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't give a damn what you are or who you are as long as you are cool. Male, Female, Both who cares? Judging people by their sexual orientation or what sex they are is hateful and wrong.

June 19, 2010 1:22:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't give a damn what you are or who you are as long as you are cool. Male, Female, Both who cares? Judging people by their sexual orientation or what sex they are is hateful and wrong.[/quote]

Thank you Chasbo, and the rest of y'all 

Quoting WOM,
Slice and dice as you wish, your choice.

LOL, I'm not crazy enough to do my own slicing and dicing. I left that to the professionals, who I thank every day

[quote who="Jafo" reply="14" id="2657156"]It's a bug.

Site coding has them, particularly when there is more than one site...and their related/connected forums, etc.

As long as it doesn't go really 'odd' and list you as "deceased" then it's not all bad....

You're not the only transgender here. [not sure if the others are listed right or not].   In 4.2 million members there will be all sorts - a microcosm of the broader community.  Anyone discriminating against any other User, for whatever the reason will be shown the door post-haste....

I've figured that out finally Jafo, and I'm cool with it. The coincidence of this post on the "Is logonstudio on impulse for XP" the other day:

YOU GO DAVE!!!!!!! I had to do a clean install of XP this week, and the new version of logonstudio was just not cutting it at all. All it does is superimpose an image over the stock windows log on.  AAACCCKKK!!!!!! I'm gagging and vomiting at the same time.... OMG!!!! I'm GAVOMITING!!!!!!!

I won't upgrade to a version for XP unless it can be true to the skinner's vision, like this version. After all, the whole idea of skinning is too improve the look of something not so pleasing with something better, not blend the two into some kind of hybrid.

OOPS, I just realized how that sounds coming from a transsexual. Oh well... LOL!!!!

And discovering what turned out to be this system glitch earlier today, just seemed like too much of a coincidence to me for it to be just that, a coincidence, but that's what it was.

So far, everyone I've interacted with here has been cool to me, but you never know what others might think or feel, or what those thoughts can evoke. The whole transsexual thing can really bring out the worst in some people, but it can also bring out the best in others... As y'all have so kindly expressed. Thank you very much

I'm deleting my original post, and hopefully bring this off topic thread to an end.

June 19, 2010 4:21:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You are who you are, if people don't respect someone due to race, color, sex, disability, etc.. to HELL with them!

June 19, 2010 8:20:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It's always a good idea to not alter/remove an OP once people have taken the effort to respond.

It's the 'polite' thing to do....

Thread is thus pointless now.

...and locked.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.