Join Date 08/2002

How does cursorfx go on win7 64 bit.  I'd like to know before I try it.  thanks

24 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 12, 2010 7:39:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

CursorFX and every other Stardock program has been working flawlessly for me running Windows7 64bit.

The only problems I have heard of are from poeple not having the correct version of programs.

May 12, 2010 7:39:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Working well for me on 64-bit W7.

May 12, 2010 7:43:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just don't use it together with Multiplicity.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 12, 2010 7:44:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Right click don't work with Win7 64bit.

May 12, 2010 8:41:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Working well for me on 64-bit W7.

May 12, 2010 9:48:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So that you can try before you buy, there is a free version of CursorFX available for download here:

http://www.stardock.com/products/cursorfx/downloads.asp

May 12, 2010 1:02:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It works great for me and I wouldn't do without it. I could never go back to the (boring) default Windows cursor.

May 13, 2010 6:27:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks everybody, I'll give it a whirl

June 8, 2010 11:37:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

G'day

I was having problems with CursorFX & upped for the Plus version, but I'm still in the same boat.

1 .. I can't delete any cursors from My Cursors. Cicked the X (delete), confirmed that I wanted to remove, but it lives on.

2 .. Neither the Stardocks website, nor the email link buttons work.

To make it worse, I'm a computer bonehead, with a newish Windows 7 Ultimate install & had enough time to mess with stuff that I don't understand. : S

Any fix recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I'm still getting those trialware reminders at startup, even though I've upgraded to paid versions of Object Desktop & CursorFX Plus.

Cheers from Downunder

John

June 8, 2010 1:59:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm still getting those trialware reminders at startup, even though I've upgraded to paid versions of Object Desktop & CursorFX Plus.

It sounds like you didn't uninstall the free version first. Uninstall CFX using Impulse, run CCleaner or something similar, reboot, then reinstall CFX again using Impulse.

June 9, 2010 9:24:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You're a legend Wiz, the reminder notice has gone now.

I've written myself a note that I should install my Object Desktop thingies one at a time, & only install the next one, once I've got a grasp of what's already installed. I was like a kid in a lolly shop yesterday & got myself totally confused, but I'm absolutely lov'n the "Digital Grey trans" theme from Windows Blinds.

late update: I was still having issues with some functions not working on CursorFX Plus, so I did a complete uninstall of everything, including Object Desktop, the lot. I then ran CCleaner again, but still found leftovers when I ran a search for Stardock. After manually deleting all traces, I rebooted & downloaded Impulse. Installed CursorFX Plus, everything works a treat & I'm over the moon.

Thanks for your help here & to all contributors.

June 9, 2010 1:57:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yeah, a legend in his own mind!  

June 9, 2010 2:04:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Glad I could help and welcome to WinCustomize.  Enjoy your software and have fun.

If you have any other questions or issues, the forums are (almost) always open.

June 9, 2010 11:30:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
 Glad I could help and welcome to WinCustomize.  Enjoy your software and have fun.
Thanks mate, I'm lov'n everything about this software & it's community.

I've dabbled in Linux & loved it's inherent freedom of customisation, but not had the skills to undo some (minor) knots that can come with it. You guys've taken me out of the public housing Microsoft environment (ghetto) & given me the renovation skills along with a blank cheque budget, to live wherever I want, in any house that I desire, for an extremely reasonable outlay & no fine print.

I'm in Heaven if you need to contact me.

September 3, 2010 2:38:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It works on win 7 64 bit, but I haven't been able to get the cursor to be recognized by flash player10 in chat rooms when trying to turn on my webcam. I had to uninstall it, or not use my cam, cause when you open your cam in a flash chat, you must accept flash player to access your cam. Since this window doesn't recognize the cursor, you can neither accept, nor deny flash player, and you get stuck on a grayed out screen, and have to reload the page.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled it a number of times, and every time I reinstall, this problem occurs. I also have an XP machine that doesn't have this issue. So it seems to be a win7 problem??? BTW this win7 PC is less than a week old, only fences, logon studio,and PSP X3 are installed on it. Outside that, it's a stock machine. I had to remove cursorFX to avoid this issue, even switching back to the windows default cursor through cursorFX prevents it from being recognized unless you uninstall cursorFX. I should say this is the free version of cursorFX, don't know if that makes a diff???

June 2, 2011 5:22:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

For whatever reason windows 7 64 bit professional the only cursor that displays is a lousy older default cursor not even the windows 7 cursor

August 6, 2011 12:17:37 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting bkrsrb,
For whatever reason windows 7 64 bit professional the only cursor that displays is a lousy older default cursor not even the windows 7 cursor

Ditto. Also have a WB problem for which I raised a ticket yesterday (applying UIS2 skins causes all applications to fail with a werfault error). This reply refers to CursorFX Plus BTW. Did you or anyone else resolve this problem. Note that Replies #15 and earlier would probably have been related to the first production release of Win 7 64b Pro whereas I at least am on Service Pack 1. 

August 6, 2011 12:47:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OTtChris I think you need to send an email to support@startock.com with this problem.

I run Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium and it works fine.

August 7, 2011 8:40:37 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Philly0381,
OTtChris I think you need to send an email to support@startock.com with this problem.

I run Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium and it works fine.

My fault Philly0381. Having done numerous reboots in attempting to resolve WindowBlinds problem (awaiting response to Ticket) I must have assumed the same was going to be the case with CursorFX Plus. For whatever reason, I couldn't have rebooted post install as this morning CursorFX is working as it should. Now have to decide whether to risk installing a few other key Stardock apps such as IconPackager etc. Anyway, thanks for the response, much appreciated.

August 7, 2011 3:42:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting c242,
Just don't use it together with Multiplicity.
Agreed.

August 22, 2011 5:31:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

to me it works the same on 32 and 64 bit

dunno about Multiplicity, but certainly not work with Adobe Flash and PowerDVD/nVidia 3DVision

But the cursors are so cute for modern hi-res displays... regular cursors just are hard to find now...

August 22, 2011 6:07:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

Need to get to know him better. wiz is beyond a legend. He is an Antique.

August 22, 2011 6:54:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

@DaveBax: I think the term is "Classic" but you are close enough.

August 22, 2011 6:55:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It use to work great for me using Windows 7 64bit but lately its been freezing up on me. I even uninstalled it but a fresh install did not solve the problem. I might have another issue to though because sometimes PS5 freezes also.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000657   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.