rating system

By on February 8, 2010 3:29:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Vampothika

Join Date 07/2006
+516

i still think the rating system should be scrapped (as it was said it was going to be) because its just being abused currently by people who get their sick thrills out of downgrading skin ratings.........

Locked Post 70 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 13, 2010 8:47:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

JTOL, why you feel the need to spin it (especially when it's a bit straight forward to spin) or show us that you know how to use the emotes in such a mature manner is beyond me. But I'm just being subjective.

I'm sorry, did I post something you didn't like, PO baby.

first of all, the rating example of 8 to 1 was just that, an example, I rate responsibly but don't just give away 5 stars.

secondly, when Kitty mentioned that this was not about her I sort of had a idea whom all this might be referring towards so..

is this about what I think it is.

why did I ever respond.

I should just shut up a leave this one alone.

and yes, I did think my choice of, what did you call them "emotes", was pretty good, thank you for mentioning it.

February 13, 2010 9:03:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

*edit

February 13, 2010 9:33:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm sorry, did I post something you didn't like, PO baby.

What's with the attitude, man?  Why can't you just participate in the discussion like an intelligent human being without getting all personal and judgmental?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 13, 2010 10:47:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What's with the attitude, man? Why can't you just participate in the discussion like an intelligent human being without getting all personal and judgmental?

did you actually read PO's #48 post. I believe that I might have been referred to as an immature yo-yo. IMHO and JTOL, I'd say that was fairly personal and judgemental but then again that's just my subjective opinion.

February 13, 2010 11:08:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I believe that I might have been referred to as an immature yo-yo.

I don't think he was referring to you, unless you want to take a skin from an 8 to a 1 simply because you don't like the color.

February 13, 2010 11:30:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

wallpaper is available

February 13, 2010 11:43:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting k10w3,

I believe that I might have been referred to as an immature yo-yo.

I don't think he was referring to you, unless you want to take a skin from an 8 to a 1 simply because you don't like the color.

that's cute Karen, however I believe he was referring to me. I used that as an example in post #34 to say that my reasons (or anyone's for that matter) for rating a blind do not need to be explained.

I don't think I need to qualify a reason for giving an 8 rated blind only one star, maybe I just didn't like the color.

I never said that I have done such a thing and the point being was that (everyone listen now) ratings given are like opinions, eveyone has one, they are generally subjective, can vary all over the map and don't need to be explained. the system is anonymous for a reason and shame on any that abuse it for personal reasons.

nuff said?

February 14, 2010 1:52:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

secondly, when Kitty mentioned that this was not about her I sort of had a idea whom all this might be referring towards so..

instead of second guessing people wrongly, maybe you should stop flame baiting posts........

and those who do skin REGULARY know what is going on. so stop trolling and putting a negative spin on everything, you dont do the site any good that way.

grow up.

February 14, 2010 4:48:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ratings given are like opinions, eveyone has one, they are generally subjective, can vary all over the map and don't need to be explained. the system is anonymous for a reason and shame on any that abuse it for personal reasons.

That about covers it...

February 14, 2010 9:05:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I do play the devil's advocate a lot, even when I may agree in principle (this isn't one of them) as there are two side to every coin and a multitude a degrees in between.

but let me recap, MY OPINION of what has transpired.

this thread was started as a declarative statement that the rating system should be scrapped cause there are members that purposefully downgrade a skin to be mean and spiteful. the burden of proof is on the declarer, not someone who disagrees, to show that the statement is true. so far that hasn't been shown and it seems that the mods have a different opinion as well. I suggested that if people were abusing the TOS that it should have been bumped up to the mods and that the forums were probably not the best place for people to air their dirty laundry.

then it comes to light the thread is not about the poster but someone else. (hearsay and innuendo)

but since I disagree and even think that rating system should be expanded I am a) an immature yo-yo, not a REGUALR skinner (WTF?), c) second guess people wrongly because their original statement is incomplete, d) that I am flame baiting and trolling, e) that I've put a negative spin on a negative post (I believe that makes it a positive), d) that I'm a potential blight on the community and e) I have attitude and need to grow up. I kind of resemble "e" and do stand proudly on that one.

Kitty, I feel that you are very talented and have always rated your work fairly, I do appreciate all of the help that you have provided me on technical questions/issues and hope that doesn't change when I say that sometimes you can be such a whiner.

February 14, 2010 10:40:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Mods are just like everyone else.  We have differences of opinions, but when we mod and rate a skin we leave that out and judge it on its merits.  Damn few skins are perfect and rate 5 stars.  Damn few skins I like and download but I try real hard not to let that get in the way of being fair.  As do the other mods.  For the most part more than 1 mod mods a skin and gives their opinion, so as to be impartial.  And yes, we all have our favorite skinners.  Hehe.  I have 2.    But I admire a lot more and know how hard it is to make a blind.  Oh well, I hate typing.

February 14, 2010 3:55:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

wallpaper is available

Po.....just where is this wallpaper available at?  I'm feeling inspired....I think I need to make a Windowblind for Team Winky.

February 14, 2010 4:09:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think I need to make a Windowblind for Team Winky.

Karen.... Po' pulled a Zubaz. He meant "Team Wacky".

February 14, 2010 7:43:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

just where is this wallpaper available at?

I haven't uploaded it yet. I've been exploring the Vega system.

Uploading wall and icon, now.

February 14, 2010 8:11:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Uploading wall and icon, now.

Yet another reason for this Valentine's Day being the best ever! 

P.S. - can I have your permission to make a Windowblind for it?

February 14, 2010 9:00:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sure. You want the psd's?

February 14, 2010 11:10:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting PoSmedley,
Sure. You want the psd's?

Yes, please!

February 15, 2010 12:53:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think the # of "Downloads", "Rating" system , and "Karma " system  should all be abolished. They only serve to feed the ego. Without them, i think it keeps things more honest. I'm not here to debate this. I'm just sharing my opinion. Less fightin' and more lovin'.

April 28, 2010 7:28:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting pjdark,
I think the # of "Downloads", "Rating" system , and "Karma " system  should all be abolished. They only serve to feed the ego. Without them, i think it keeps things more honest. I'm not here to debate this. I'm just sharing my opinion. Less fightin' and more lovin'.

I agree. And like few refers to "everyone" - No, rating is not available for everyone. Only subscribers. I am, but i don't "vote"/Rate, just because when i logged in to site, i always see the same names, and next one is a sidebar, Top Skinners, Top Master Skins, Top... this and that. Gladly there is few "new"-sections and so...

Didn't you promise that this (kind of) "rating"-system will be removed?!

Instead that, it is on Impulse, now also WB 7, oh man i see stars...  ...

Buy "ratings"- 5 Stars only 5.49€/work, 4 Stars - 4.49€, and so on! Plus get some karma points for free! Limited time Beta offer!*

T&C Apply

T&C not available. Coming soon!

::: typos :::

April 28, 2010 7:43:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

And yes "buy "ratings"..." was sarcasm...  before they will ban me

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.