Theme Manager not working PROPERLY with Windows 7!

By on December 3, 2009 6:33:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

DadO205

Join Date 06/2004

When will Theme Manager work PROPERLY with Windows 7? I can not get it to save my Desktop Suite (WindowBlind, WallPaper or IconPackager). This is one programs that I was looking forward to. This is a big let down to me and I am sure to others.

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 3, 2009 6:45:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I use it and it works for me, although there are a few bugs. 

If you want go through the steps you are doing and I will see if I can help you.

December 3, 2009 11:44:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

When I load a Mycolors Theme or a Suite (My Desktop), Most times all goes well with the exception of DesktopX from time to time Now when I have one of these (Mycolors Theme or Suite) loaded to desktop, I make a Desktop Suite, most times the items that I am asked do I want to save is Wallpaper, Iconpackage and most times Windowblind. I give it a name and save. at a later time when I load this file, the only thing that loads is the IconPackage only.

December 4, 2009 12:24:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Beating a dead horse....  sorry, John. TM just don't work correctly on Vista or 7. It used to work fine on XP. Dunno about now. I realize this information doesn't help much, but it may reduce frustration and stress. It did for me, I simply quit trying to use it until I see that it's fixed. No stress, no frustration.

John makes great suites, BTW, and TM not working is not due to anything he's done.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 4, 2009 2:14:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I want to thank both of you! I have come to the conclusion you did Dude! "If its broke they will Fix!" so I will sit back and chill. I too would like to thank both of you for all the great stuff you guys have given us, keep up the good work. This 77 year old dude "got to stop whopin dat dead mule". Thanks again.

March 20, 2010 2:04:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Dear People!

I can NOT even INSTALL Theme Manager on Windows 7!!!!

When i click the Installer, it takes some Seconds, and then it says:

"This Program is NOT compatible with your Operating System!"

Well... sad Thing if someone is a Fan of Object Desktops Software.  =o(

Greetz, Revan

May 2, 2010 10:12:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

they really need to fix this, whats the point of releasing suites when u can use the damn things.  so many things still not even compatible with vista, and we're on windows 7 already.  hire some more people or something and get this stuff working already

June 21, 2010 1:29:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, it's June 20th 2010 and it still says not compatible with this version of My Colors...this will be updated shortly before the prerelease of WIN 7.

Ummmm, no good...WIN 7has been out for a loooong time now. Someone get on the ball, will ya?

June 21, 2010 9:50:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi,

Please note that the BETA version of Theme Manager is correctly configured to run with Windows 7.  We will work with the development team today to ensure that the BETA is moved into production as soon as possible.  Thank you for your patience.

Zargon

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.