Karma system is bugged?

By on October 12, 2009 8:22:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tormy-

Join Date 02/2006
+58

Not so important but...I think that it is bugged...how come that I have 14 karma for example?

Locked Post 62 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 12, 2009 10:20:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks fine to me. Do note that people with higher forum rank (generally Stardock people, such as Charles who has given you karma) can give more than 1 point at a time.

October 12, 2009 10:31:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh.....thanks for the explanation Kryo...

October 12, 2009 10:32:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Not so important but...I think that it is bugged...how come that I have 14 karma for example?

Well, looking your karma from the elemental forums, http://forums.elementalgame.com/karma/2394730 , it says you have 14 karma given by 7 persons. And it displays only 7 lines

Myself, on the elemental forums, http://forums.elementalgame.com/karma/809893, it says that I have 13 karma from 6 users and it displays only 5 lines, while on Impulse forums,  http://forums.impulsedriven.com/karma/809893 ,  it says I have 9 karma from 9 users but displays only 1 line.

I know that karma is associated with forums but something looks definitely strange.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 12, 2009 10:36:50 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

different forums can have different karma counts.

i have 10 on the SINS forum and 25 here.  see this post for more info.  http://forums.impulsedriven.com/357270

October 12, 2009 10:40:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

different forums can have different karma counts.

I know. But thats doesn't explain why:

- on elemental.com, I have 13 karma given by 6 persons and only 5 lines explaining karma origin

- on impulse.com, I have 9 karma given by 9 persons and only 1 line explaining karma origin

October 12, 2009 10:45:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Occasionally,when given karma the number will go down instead of up. It does correct itself however,you just have to give it some time. Logging off and back on does nothing to speed up the process so if you see it happen,don't sweat it.

Btw,here on WC Tormy and Peace Phoenix had zero. Not any more.

October 12, 2009 10:46:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Karma can be different values in the different forums, it does not transfer across say from games to wincustomize, you can be zero in one and very gifted in the other.

October 12, 2009 10:54:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have 13 karma given by 6 persons and only 5 lines explaining karma origin

- on impulse.com, I have 9 karma given by 9 persons and only 1 line explaining karma origin

I wonder. If no comment is entered when giving karma,perhaps the explaination is  missing.

October 12, 2009 10:57:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

SD is aware of the bugs in the karma function and Bara is in the process of getting the bugs fixed as I write this.... 

October 12, 2009 11:19:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'll say there's a bug.  Being I'm the resident pirate, all-round nice guy and a funny bastard to boot, I should be up around the 1000 mark by now.

October 12, 2009 11:54:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
I'll say there's a bug.  Being I'm the resident pirate, all-round nice guy and a funny bastard to boot, I should be up around the 1000 mark by now. 

You need to open the My Account setting. You'll note on careful inspection (down near the bilge) that there's been a tiny hole drilled there.

Not knowing better, I'd say some Pyrate buddy of yours has been slowly and carefully siphoning off your karma.

*doc also noted a certain striped Admin's has been going up recently. 

October 12, 2009 11:57:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't like the way the karma system works, and will fix it soon.  My primary complaint is that the karma differs per-site.  When I update it, karma will be shared across all sites so you only have 1 karma count.  I'll probably also change it so that the links will point to wherever the karma came from (eg: if I give you karma from the Demigod forums and you're viewing your profile from the ImpulseDriven forums, you'll see a link to the Demigod forums for that karma point).

In the meantime, ignore the issues   They karma does fix itself on it's own (as was stated before), but it takes time.

Bara

October 12, 2009 5:52:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

When I update it, karma will be shared across all sites so you only have 1 karma count. I'll probably also change it so that the links will point to wherever the karma came from (eg: if I give you karma from the Demigod forums and you're viewing your profile from the ImpulseDriven forums, you'll see a link to the Demigod forums for that karma point).

that sound cool

October 12, 2009 6:09:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sounds better than current.

October 12, 2009 6:24:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Karma system is bugged?

yes...they're always listening.....       

October 12, 2009 6:28:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

For shame Syd! You promised Admin you wouldn't tell! 

October 12, 2009 6:32:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the karma has been sick for a while now and I had posted in one of the forum bug pages when I first noticed that the karma suddenly doubled and I keep recieving two karma for each karma point given to me.

harpo

October 12, 2009 6:48:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The Reason for giving (receiving) karma is surely more important than the actual count. Some karma is given for a worthy input, other for frivolous reasons.

October 12, 2009 9:46:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

Quoting starkers, reply 10I'll say there's a bug.  Being I'm the resident pirate, all-round nice guy and a funny bastard to boot, I should be up around the 1000 mark by now. 

You need to open the My Account setting. You'll note on careful inspection (down near the bilge) that there's been a tiny hole drilled there.

Not knowing better, I'd say some Pyrate buddy of yours has been slowly and carefully siphoning off your karma.

Now ye menshuns it, I did notice thar wur a wee 'ole down by tha bilge... thort it wur put thar t' let out tha excess wee n' gas.

This karma count thing is a bit like the personal message count always being off... the math has been flaky from word go and never seemed to add up right.

So, now Stardock has gotten this "corporate welfare" to put on extra staff, me thinks they should replace the guy who is forever losing count in the server room and get somebody in who doesn't have to rely on his fingers... or alternatively, get the current guy an abacus.

October 13, 2009 1:01:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting starkers,

Quoting DrJBHL, reply 11
Quoting starkers, reply 10I'll say there's a bug.  Being I'm the resident pirate, all-round nice guy and a funny bastard to boot, I should be up around the 1000 mark by now. 

Now ye menshuns it, I did notice thar wur a wee 'ole down by tha bilge... thort it wur put thar t' let out tha excess wee n' gas.

This karma count thing is a bit like the personal message count always being off... the math has been flaky from word go and never seemed to add up right.

So, now Stardock has gotten this "corporate welfare" to put on extra staff, me thinks they should replace the guy who is forever losing count in the server room and get somebody in who doesn't have to rely on his fingers... or alternatively, get the current guy an abacus.

The PM count should be fixed as of Friday's update.

Bara

October 13, 2009 2:06:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What's karma?

October 13, 2009 4:25:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
What's karma?
The .com and housing bubbles bursting. That's karma.

October 13, 2009 4:34:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
What's karma?

The bane of my existence.

Bara

October 16, 2009 2:51:01 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Karma - what goes around comes around.

October 16, 2009 7:14:38 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I think there is problem with the karma system too. Instead of the a long list of karma I've gotten, its only showing just a few. Possible bug? It looks like the only karma being shown is the site I'm one which is Galciv II, and that is from the forum sections that are exlclusive to this site, not from Off topic or anything.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001734   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.