Fences explained by screenshots

By on October 2, 2009 2:28:27 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1078

Organize your desktop icons by creating fences and moving your icons into them.

Double Click on the desktop and it will hide your desktop icons, double click again and they come back.

If you put your mouse over a particular fence (like Temp Junk) you can see all the other things in that fence that were hidden.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 2, 2009 2:30:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Now give us all a look at Fences Pro, please. 

October 2, 2009 4:23:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I second, third and forth that above comment.

October 2, 2009 4:55:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Exactly the program i needed to organize my very messy desktop. Just downloaded the free version: Effective and simple to use, brilliant  

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 2, 2009 5:28:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, while not exactly relevant I have a story about people who would really benefit from this technology.

I have some coworkers who aren't exactly computer people (they use macs, I don't think it is a coincidence). When they create a file, save a file, or really do anything with a file, they save the file to the desktop. I'm sure that everyone is familiar with messy desktops, so this isn't a big deal so far. Here is the hilarious part. They always do this, for virtually everything, furthermore, they very rarely delete things. When the desktop becomes too cluttered, they start stacking icons on top of each other. Since multiple coworkers all use the same computers (each computer is specialized for various tasks that all of them perform), each computer's desktop is filled with icons and with "stacks" of icons, each belonging to an individual person. These stacks aren't just a couple of icons piled ontop of each other, they are around 20-30 deep (or more, I've been scared to actually survey them). Then to top this off, when they search for a file, they don't bother using the load file function built into the programs they need, they instead start sifting through the files in the various stacks, one icon at a time, so that when they eventually find it they can double-click on it to open it.

Sometimes people make me cry.

October 2, 2009 6:12:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That's what folders and links are for, people just don't know how to use the desktop.

Quoting Philly0381,
Now give us all a look at Fences Pro, please. 

Yes, yes ,yes

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000016   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.