Logon studio xp 1064 - Scroll bar and up/ down buttons

By on September 20, 2009 3:59:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Joebear80

Join Date 09/2009

---

Problem description:

Preview in LogonStudio naturally does not show Scrollbar, but the problem is that even though

I have created new pictures from the original scrollbar and up/ down buttons,

they DO NOT show up at logon in Windows.The ordinary windows scrollbar and up/ down buttons shows instead.

---

Se the logon file here:

http://www.belchfire.net/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=8555

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 20, 2009 5:20:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

First off, I don't know of anyone who has more than 8 accounts to see the scrollbar in the first place. But you did change them in the folder, so I don't really see how it would be possible for the logon to show the original bmps since they aren't there anymore.

I'd check it, but I really don't want to add another 7 guest accounts to see what's going on.

September 20, 2009 6:20:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

try creating brand new ones

delete the old ones in the folder

move the new ones in

September 20, 2009 7:36:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

try creating brand new ones

delete the old ones in the folder

move the new ones in

He did create new ones, they're in the logon folder. The originals are gone. So no way should they show up in the logon.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 20, 2009 8:53:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

He did create new ones, they're in the logon folder.

yeah, I looked in there and opened one in PSP8

then I selected all and cleared

at that point I got unsure, since the background was that blue one like the ones hardcoded my MS

so I was thinking maybe the original was just edited

September 20, 2009 9:14:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It's ok to edit the original ones, if you change their color in the folder that's what will appear in the logon.

Those 2 blue XP bmps don't even show in the logon. Neither do 108, 114, 122. 124, 125 and 126 are the top bottom and center dividers.

109, 110 and 111 are the scrollbar bmps, but I've never really seen them in use in a logon made in Logon Studio, only the type made with the center splash.

But it does show up in his screenshot with about 9 accounts, so if you're feeling adventurous, create a bunch of accounts until the scrollbar shows up and see what it looks like.

September 20, 2009 10:11:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

how do you set the uifile so if you have more than one it scrolls?

Like SD Desktop 1024x768

September 20, 2009 11:04:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

By taking a quick look at the uifile, I'd say there was a major recoding done by one of the best coders on this site.

I've never seen one like it. And it was Vad's first and probably only logon...amazing work.

September 20, 2009 11:07:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

it is a nice one

September 21, 2009 12:41:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

How about some of those great coders reprogram LogonStudio, or make their own software

to:

1. show all the elements WYSIWYG, as windows shows them ( Example: the text font for " to begin, click user name" can not be changed in other than the uifile, and yet, the software does not show any changes, but windows does)

2. show the scrollbar elements

3. Handle transparancy.

Why does logonstudio give the option to edit the scrollbar elements,

but leaves you with no clue how it will look? Has making your own scrollbar and applying it ever worked with logonstudio?

And with the current version ?

Is there a similar software that can make these things easier and more accessable for me as a designer?

September 21, 2009 1:15:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

First off, Logon Studio is old software for an old OS. It's no longer supported by Stardock.

To do the things you want to do with your logons, you CAN NOT use the Logon Studio editor to create the logons. All of the changes have to be done by changing the images in the logon folder and recoding the Uifile and Theme.ini. That is the only way you can get LS to support transparency.

And to get transparency in LS, the bitmaps must be 32 bit alpha blended bmps created in Photoshop or any other program that you can create them in, but Photoshop is the best one.

Then you have to change the coding in the uifile to accept 32 bit bitmaps. Any changes you make in the uifile will be changed back to default if you open them in the LogonStudio editor, so LS can only be used to apply them to see the changes you made and what you need to do to get it the way you want.

All bitmap sizes, font colors, and placement of the elements have to be done in the uifile. Fonts, font sizes, text are all done in the theme.ini.

A good place to get some info into coding the uifile is here: XP Logon Uifile Secrets

Towards the bottom, "Using 32 bit bitmaps for the buttons" will explain how to change the uifile to accept 32 bit bitmaps.

A tutorial for creating 32 bit bitmaps that will explain how to make them (it's made for creating bitmap 128, the center splash in the type of logons I create) but it will work for all the logon bmps is here: How to make transaparent "bitmap128" in Photoshop - An Article by pipowafu

That should be enough to keep you busy for awhile.

Hope it helps.

September 21, 2009 3:06:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

In other words: Uninstall LogonStudio and try again...

Someone should really Really develop a Flash application for all this!

September 21, 2009 4:23:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yeah, doing what you want in your logons is too much like work.

Try LogonVista...choose your wallpaper, click "Create" and you're done.

September 22, 2009 3:00:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Try LogonVista...choose your wallpaper, click "Create" and you're done.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.