Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Some cursors don't work in Inkscape

Tested this with several versions of Inkscape and several themes

By on September 7, 2009 11:38:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

WillPittenger

Join Date 07/2009

The affected cursors are the I-beam in the XML editor text fields and all cursors over an object in the main window with the select tool selected.  Could you work with the Inkscape people to implement a fix?  I verified that CursorFX is involved by turning it off.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 23, 2009 11:31:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

BTW: It turns out that there is a work around for those that run into this issue.  When I turned CursorFX off and then back on, it works correctly for a while.  I do have to repeat that every so often, but in the mean time...

June 25, 2014 9:37:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This problem still exists. . . sadly.

June 26, 2014 12:28:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You may toggle it with this keyboard shortcut: [ctrl]+[shift]+[C] when Inkscape is running;it just temporally turn off. 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 27, 2014 10:20:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks G., that works for now.

While there are a few workarounds while having CursorFX on, there doesn't seem to be a workaround for scrolling actions.

If I want to get Inkscape/CursorFX issues resolved someday, would it be better to contact Stardock support or the Inkscape people (or more generally the non-Stardock people, whenever there's problems apparently associated with Stardock stuff)?

June 27, 2014 12:12:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting nlbarna,

While there are a few workarounds while having CursorFX on, there doesn't seem to be a workaround for scrolling actions.

Don't know what scrolling action meant on Inkscape,when you toggle that,CursorFX should be turn off which has no impact on usability of programs.  

Quoting nlbarna,
If I want to get Inkscape/CursorFX issues resolved someday, would it be better to contact Stardock support or the Inkscape people (or more generally the non-Stardock people, whenever there's problems apparently associated with Stardock stuff)?

I think you can email Stardock for that and some of staffs must have read your issue already. Right now,they are too many things have to handle as the activation issue kept customers itched.  

June 27, 2014 4:24:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I meant that, while I have CursorFX on, I found workarounds for frequent tasks, like [Shift]+[M1] to always Select and [CTRL-Down]+[M1]+[CTRL-Up] to always Drag Anywhere. But, while having CursorFX on, I couldn't also find workarounds for actions involving the mousewheel (scrolling up-down and left-right, and zooming in and out)....

But as I write that I realize that I can just press and hold down the mousewheel for freeform scrolling and use the numpad's plus and minus signs for zooming in and out.... It's no more of a hassle than the other workarounds anyway (with CursorFX still on). And I only have to use Inkscape occasionally in spates....

I'll wait to email them about it like you suggest. And maybe solving that problem (with CursorFX) will be a more fundamental fix that reduces the potential of the issue arising elsewhere.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000343   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.