Why was my post deleted?

By on September 1, 2009 4:22:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

SaturnCeleste

Join Date 05/2009

I made a post in here today, I was careful to make sure it was in the correct section, it was not offensive, it was regarding the sound packager program.  It took me time to make that post and I have been hoping for an answer.  I come back now to check on it and it's gone.  Can someone please enlighten me?  Just how do I get help with the sound packager program that I purchased yesterday?  And I did do a search and was unable to find a good enough reply to my question.

Most forums send a PM to inform a member why their post was deleted, it seems to be the polite thing to do, I have not received any Pm's though.  If I did something wrong, I would like to know about it so I don't do it again.

Locked Post 23 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 1, 2009 4:37:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This may sound like a silly question but after you posted the thread did you go into the forums and make sure it was there.  The reason I ask this is that every once in a while the servers 'hic-up', for lack of a proper term.  I don't think any admin or mod would have taken it down without an explaination.

September 1, 2009 4:37:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

SaturnCeleste -

I have checked and can only find one post made by you and this is it.  The 'official' support for any of Stardock's products is to email support@stardock.com and start a trouble ticket.  In the meantime please include your question(s) here and if someone can assist you they will.

September 1, 2009 4:44:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What is the issue you're having with SoundPackager?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 1, 2009 4:44:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm,

well first off this topic is showing 2 replies on the main page but i can't see them?? ***EDIT*** having posted i can now see the other comments, weird...

for reassurance things are pretty lax round here, and judging by the tone of this post you certainly wouldn't've been censored for your original post. me feels there be gremlins a foot.

the only other assisstance i can provide is this

September 1, 2009 4:51:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Hankers,
SaturnCeleste -

I have checked and can only find one post made by you and this is it.  The 'official' support for any of Stardock's products is to email support@stardock.com and start a trouble ticket.  In the meantime please include your question(s) here and if someone can assist you they will.

Ok, maybe I didn't get it set right like Philly0381 suggested, I am certainly new to this board!  And I don't need tech support as much as I do just having some questions answered about the path of the files and the program itself.  I'll go ahead and ask my questions after work--I can't miss too much time, they log us.  Shirley, if you want to meet me back here in about 5 hours--that's when I get done with work!  Thank you all for your speedy reply, I do appreciate the help!

btw, I did read in that section about needing more sound themes and if I can get mine packaged and uploaded I have a bunch of themes in mind and a few made up already so hopefully I can stir up a little interest in the program.  Thank you again all, I'll be back after work. 

September 1, 2009 5:15:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Shirley, if you want to meet me back here in about 5 hours--that's when I get done with work!

Him too.....go ahead and post your questions, hopefully someone can help you.

September 2, 2009 8:39:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What I need to know is where to find the bundled themes we make in the Sound program.  When you go to the Control Panel/Sounds, and put all the sounds together in there, then Save As, I thought I would be able to find the bundled theme in C: Windows/Media but only the default windows sound files are there.  I've tried naming the bundled theme file a weird name and doing a search on it and it does not show up.  I've set the search to include hidden files and folders. 

When I try to use the New Package feature of the Sound Packager, it says that file already exists but I can't find it, the bundled theme is not in the My Documents/Stardock/Sound Packager folder.  Where are these bundled themes that I have made?  And how so I use the sound packager to package the themes I have made?

And as far as the Application Data folder, I don't have one.  I only have My Documents/Stardock/Sound Packager, I am the only user on my computer.

September 2, 2009 9:08:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

And as far as the Application Data folder, I don't have one. I only have My Documents/Stardock/Sound Packager, I am the only user on my computer.

You will need to go to folder options in the Control Panel and under View,select "Show hidden files and folders" to see the app data folders.

September 2, 2009 9:13:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

And as far as the Application Data folder, I don't have one
That you can see, it is normally hidden.

Go to Control panel > Folder Options or from any open folder window go to Tools > Folder Options and then View and mark

Show hidden folders and files OK - then search should show up what you need. Reverse procedure to hide again later.

September 2, 2009 10:24:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thank you both for your help.  I did find the Tools/Folder Options and set it to Show Hidden Files and Folders and it still does not show.  I did a search in the control panel for Application Data and it shows nothing.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

September 2, 2009 10:42:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Did you untick Hide Protected Operating system Files as well, the second next entry after Show hidden folders and files.

Then Application Data is inside c:\Documents and Settings\Your name\

September 2, 2009 10:43:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

In control panel go to classic view. then click on folder options. Then  find the view tab. Ten lines down from the top you will find "Show hidden files and folders.Mark it then hit "apply" I am assuming you are running Vista.

September 2, 2009 10:55:29 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Assuming your OS is Vista, these files could be into the "Public" directories rather than your regular "Username" area just as some of the other Stardock programs (Icon Packager, WindowsBlinds, Themes, etc) pick there from.

September 2, 2009 10:55:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

First off, Control Panel | Sound themes are not related in any way to SoundPackager.  Sound Packager is easier and more flexible to use  . . mixing and matching the use of them may not give you the results you want.

Soundpackages are stored in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Stardock\SoundPackager on Vista.

New Package is to create a brand new package.  Make sure you are giving it a unique name.

To apply a package you have created, select it from the list and click the Play icon or the "Apply Package" button.

September 2, 2009 11:04:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oh I should have mentioned I'm on Windows XP!! I'm so sorry guys!    I'll see if I can apply this information you all have given me to Windows XP, thank you all again!

September 2, 2009 11:04:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Follow  ZubaZ,he won't steer you wrong. That's what I get for not having SP installed any more, I forgot where they were located.

September 2, 2009 11:07:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Ausvet,
Then Application Data is inside c:\Documents and Settings\Your name\ 

Oh I found it!!!  I Found my file, I was still looking in the Control Panel!!  Wow, thank you all VERY much!  Now, to see if I can get it in the Sound Packager then upload it to the site!    

btw, I've been working on sound files from the Fallout3 game in case anyone was wondering. 

September 2, 2009 11:34:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oh I found it!!!
Yay!

September 2, 2009 11:24:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If anyone is still reading this thread, I have tried to upload my package and I got the error that I used the wrong package (check file extension).  I got it from the Application Data/Temp Packages folder and it was in my folder I created and there was a file titled SoundPackage.data.  It was the only file I could find that was all in one state.  Do I just use a .rar folder and upload all my individual sounds?  I thought since the Sound Packager was a program, it would simply use a program file.  But since I don't know what I'm doing, I might have the entire process all wrong.  I also did a search for the error message I received and was unable to find any information about it.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?     

Ok, I tried to upload the .rar file of all the sounds just to get the error message exactly, this is what it said:

Your skin has failed to upload.

The skin file you are attempting to upload is not valid. Hint: Check the file extension.
When uploading a new skin, your Skin file must also be submitted.

September 3, 2009 2:38:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Stardock\SoundPackager

where 'owner' is you

the file should be:  whateveryounamedit.soundpack

September 3, 2009 6:19:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Bichur,
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Stardock\SoundPackager

where 'owner' is you

the file should be:  whateveryounamedit.soundpack

Ok that did it!! Thank you very much!  Now, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the 5 days and hope my soundpack will be used here!  Will they notify me if they are not going to allow my soundpack?  And does it always take 5 days to find out?

September 3, 2009 7:51:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, you will be notified one way or another.

Some galleries are quicker than others, dreams and logon vista are same day normally, wallpapers normally 3 days but soundpackager I know not.

September 5, 2009 5:58:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well guys, my soundpack got accepted!  I'm glad my thread is here for future reference in case I forget how to upload my next sound pack!  I could not have done it without all your help, thank you all, one last time! 

http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?skinid=161&libid=69

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.