Windows 7?

By on August 30, 2009 12:04:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Oziah

Join Date 08/2009

Hi guys, I was getting ready to buy Object Destop but I remembered that I will be switching to Windows 7 in October when it is released. Does Object Desktop work with Windows 7 or will it? Thanks!

17 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 30, 2009 12:43:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

some yes some not quited

hence the 7betas in ODNT

August 30, 2009 12:58:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What about Windowblinds and Mycolors?

I don't know what 7betas in ODNT is sorry.

August 30, 2009 6:29:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

if you have an ObjectDesktop (for some reason called ODNT) subscription you get access to the beta versions of software before it becomes a release version

WB7 is released yet, there is beta version

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 30, 2009 6:48:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I am currently running Icon Packager 5, DeskScapes 2.9, Window Blinds 7, and Tweak 7 in Windows 7 without any problems.

If you buy Object desktop now, you will have access to all of these and updates to the final releases once Windows 7 is released.

September 1, 2009 4:21:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Object Desktop is the best way to go for an OS change, because as applications are updated, you will get the new updates automatically through Impulse. 

January 17, 2010 3:04:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I cant seem to get it to work on Windows 7 . alot of things wont work with Windows 7 . I sure hope that they figure out what to do about all this because i have two laptops one has Windows Vista and the other has Windows 7 and i bought some of there products and Soon Windowes Vista will be absolet...lol

January 17, 2010 7:26:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting TowMaster,
I cant seem to get it to work on Windows 7 . alot of things wont work with Windows 7 . I sure hope that they figure out what to do about all this because i have two laptops one has Windows Vista and the other has Windows 7 and i bought some of there products and Soon Windowes Vista will be absolet...lol

Which apps are you having problems with on Windows 7?

February 11, 2010 6:54:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just as an FYI ...

I believe Object Desktop is also know as ODNT due to the fact that OD was *first* released as a software product for the now defunct OS/2 operating system.  During the switchover to fully supporting Windows Stardock needed some way to distinguish the two distinct products, hence:

OD = Object Desktop for OS/2

ODNT = Object Desktop for Windows

YMMV

chekmarx

February 11, 2010 10:35:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I believe Object Desktop is also know as ODNT due to the fact that OD was *first* released as a software product for the now defunct OS/2 operating system. During the switchover to fully supporting Windows Stardock needed some way to distinguish the two distinct products, hence:

OD = Object Desktop for OS/2

ODNT = Object Desktop for Windows

Not a bad guess, but it's actually just short for Object Desktop Network, which was the original full name.  Honestly I like your idea better.

I cant seem to get it to work on Windows 7 . alot of things wont work with Windows 7 .

Can you be more specific here?  Since Object Desktop is more than one app, we can't tell which one you're having trouble with.

April 3, 2010 4:12:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I can't get Windowblinds to work on Windows 7 either.  I try to start the app and it just gives me the white screen, and Windows is Searching For the Problem..thingy.  Such a shame because I used to make lots of skins and now I can't even get the program to work.

April 7, 2010 9:43:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Imzadi,
I can't get Windowblinds to work on Windows 7 either.  I try to start the app and it just gives me the white screen, and Windows is Searching For the Problem..thingy.  Such a shame because I used to make lots of skins and now I can't even get the program to work.

If you verify WindowBlinds in Impulse does it say it is installed correctly? To verify the application through Impulse:

-Launch Impulse.  Right click on the entry for the application and choose "Verify Installation"
-Impulse will check the integrity of the installed application.  You should be given feedback as to the state of the installed application.
-If errors are found, an update should be made available in Impulse.  This is not an update to a newer version, but simply Impulse using the update mechanism to replace corrupted files.
-Once the update completes, reboot your PC.

July 2, 2010 9:32:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Same thing here, I don't even have the link : Verify installation when I rightclick on the object or on the menu...

Windows 7 64x and Internet 8.  Impulse doesn't recognize my serial number for Object Desktop...please help

July 12, 2010 5:57:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sorry, this was recently changed.  Hold shift when right clicking and it should be there.

September 8, 2010 9:58:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you

and where can I get help for this: Impulse doesn't recognize my serial number for Object Desktop...please help starts with ODxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and also when I try to get the latest updates for windowblinds 7, my computor doesn't install it.  The JUNE 06 version stays there please help...Thank you

September 9, 2010 4:21:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Try closing Impulse and running the following file:

http://sd.stardock.com/curthendzell/fix_registrations.reg

Make sure to to save the link as a file, some browsers display it as plaintext.  Once you follow the link, save the file and double click it to apply it.  Then relaunch Impulse.  You will need to re-login with your username/e-mail (either will work) and password.

September 9, 2010 7:56:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Everything works except for Boot Skin and BootskinVista on my computer. (the apps that wouldn't work on Vista still do not work o Win7) I would definitely recommend it if that is what is stopping you. My second year subscription will be up soon and Iwill definitely be renewing it. 

September 16, 2010 2:48:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

BootSkin will not work on Windows 7.  Doesn't support the OS and can cause OS issues.  Do not use on Windows 7.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.