the desktop window manager does not seem to be active at this time on your machine

By on August 27, 2009 11:34:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

MichaelG04

Join Date 04/2001
+12

i get the following error for the deskscapes 3 beta, it use to work just fine, i would occasionally get this error, and just apply a WB theme and reboot and it would work, now it doesn't.  i've also run the directx9 setup again from the bugs thread.  any ideas?  thanks.

The Desktop Windows Manager does not seem to be active at this time on your machine.

Applying the windows aero theme or any WindowsBlinds theme(if windowblinds is installed), should enable the DWM if your machine is capable of running it.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 27, 2009 11:49:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ok, ignore or delete this thread, or leave it for someone else that might be as stupid as me, i ran the aero repair tool and now it's fine.

August 27, 2009 12:05:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Perhaps you could explain the use of said tool,and where it is found. It could benefit someone in the future if they dig up this post looking for help.

August 29, 2009 6:54:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

right click on desktop, click personalize, at the bottom there is a link that says troubleshoot problems with aero and transparency effects.

thats it, fixed

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 27, 2013 8:06:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If you are using programs like Hamachi (remote assistance software) it won't support Aero themes.  Basically remote assistance disables any kind of graphic enhancing program since remote assistance is laggy and works better with minimalist graphics.  Once I disabled Himachi it all worked.

December 28, 2013 8:12:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

4 years old and not quite relevant...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.