Helping WC Community Members

By on July 14, 2009 1:04:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+592

Over the last couple of weeks we have had some negative drama on WinCustomize.  The weather widget alone has caused a ton of frustration alone, so I wanted to do something to bring some positive vibes to WC, and to show that we are a community.

Since the economy is in a bad situation, I know we have many members on WC who have been hit with very hard times.  Trying to help someone who has lost a job for instance can be difficult, but I do know things like hobbies and friends can make a difference in attitude, which is a big step in moving again in the right direction.

I wanted to put an offer out there for people that might want to help other members with a WC subscription or even software gifts.  There are people here who would like to contribute to the community, and we would like to give a helping hand in getting them started if they can’t do it on their own.

I’m going to start the ball rolling by offering 2 WinCustomize subscriptions for two people who are not current subscribers.  Just tell us in 50 words or less why you would like to have a WC subscription, and what the community means to you.  You need not give any personal details about your situation if you wish, I would just like to hear how skinning and the community might help you in general.

If there are any other community members that would like to help, I would recommend gifting applications to someone which is easily done in Impulse.  Perhaps an upcoming skinner that needs a full version of WindowBlinds for instance, instead of relying on the trial or friends to test, for instance.  If you would like to do that, you can PM me with details.

Pinned Post 182 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 14, 2009 1:11:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Because i love WC! ....i don't want the subscription, only say this thing

July 14, 2009 1:13:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nice idea ID. 

July 14, 2009 1:28:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Great idea. We all know of members who have experienced financial, emotional etc problems recently. How's about members nominating these members for one of the subscriptions. Something like I nominate member XXXXXX because...

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 14, 2009 1:29:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Good Stuff, ID

I won my last 2 subs in contests here so this time I'd like to buy it

July 14, 2009 1:34:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What an awesome idea! When my situation improves,I would love to help someone else enjoy my favorite website/software.

July 14, 2009 1:36:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

A very excellent idea Island Dog. 

July 14, 2009 2:00:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nice idea, ID. We could use an influx of positive Vibes.

July 14, 2009 2:03:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi ID,

No any problems. I have at least two redundant subscription (I even can't remember the reason, but I bought subscription until 2012)...

Please, take these subscriptions and send to people who will use them at the present. (If it's possible of course).

July 14, 2009 2:37:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Great idea ID  1 WinCustomize subscriptions comming from me...

July 14, 2009 2:42:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Super idea

July 14, 2009 5:25:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Wonderful idea!!! 

I have, in a box, a brand new Logitech trackball mouse.  It says for Windows95, but I think it could also be used for other Windows, I hope.  Anyway, I stopped using this kind ( I have one I used to use) because my thumb did not like it. If someone could use it please email me an address for mailing.   I realize it is not a subscription, nor software, but a little free *hardware*, it is what I can do right now. 

July 14, 2009 5:54:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

some refreshing positivity...great idea!!....

the gift that keeps on giving.... 

lovely gesture there teddy.... [e digicons]:karma:[/e]

July 14, 2009 6:41:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

this is a wonderful idea....

July 14, 2009 7:33:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I’m going to start the ball rolling by offering 2 WinCustomize subscriptions for two people who are not current subscribers. Just tell us in 50 words or less why you would like to have a WC subscription, and what the community means to you.

You can double that, ID.

I'll put in for two as well.

Curiously another member suggested something quite similar via PM just yesterday.....freaky...

July 14, 2009 9:03:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nice idea ID.

ditto

July 14, 2009 11:05:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Alright 50 words or less....So ive been a member here since 2004 and in that time I have made some really good friends, a few bad ones, learned how to make icons, then Icon packs and finally wallpapers. None of which would have come about if it werent for this website and/or the help, guidance and support of it's many members. My subscription ran out about a year ago, and then the ads started. I eventually got used to those but somehow I began to feel as if I wasnt contributing to the site the way I should be which in turn led me to not contributing to the site the way I could, I have felt very disconnected lately and I dont like it. Whether or not I am eligible to recieve a WC subscription makes no matter, I feel better just talking about it! good karma for you ID, Jafo, TBC, Butch, VAD and 2 of 3 for paying it forward! Skinny

July 15, 2009 12:04:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes! Very good idea I.D. !!! I happen to have an extra ODNT Ultimate subscription you can give to someone if you like. Mine is good till 2012, take a year and give it to someone, can that be done?

July 15, 2009 12:38:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

How's about members nominating these members for one of the subscriptions.

great idea....some people may be too shy to come forward....

I would like to nominate sViz....our community's quiet achiever....

and also support Skinhit....who we've been missing somewhat of late.....would be great to get him 'connected' again...

July 15, 2009 12:45:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

would like to nominate sViz....our community's quiet achiever....

and also support Skinhit....who we've been missing somewhat of late.....would be great to get him 'connected' again...
for both!

July 15, 2009 5:59:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Skinhit Hi my friend...as of yet if you have had no offers I will be more than happy to help you with a one year renewal at  Wincustomized. Just send me a PM with your info....

July 15, 2009 6:16:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If any of those subscriptions are still available, I'd like to see one going to Uvah. He's had his share of setbacks recently, but has still kept his sunny outlook and his interest and contribution to WC alive.

July 15, 2009 6:38:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I believe this is a really good thing to do. May I offer a thought? OK, I will  . How about a WC Scholarship program for novice skinners who participate in the community also?

Just a thought.

Also, maybe a Zubaz Typing Award (JK, bud)?

July 15, 2009 6:59:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

In 50 words or less? Hmmm...I can do that...I think.

My situation is slowly improving by one micro step at a time. Going for an evaluation on a shoulder injury today and am looking at limited disability. Not much but its a start. Still haven't got my PC yet but that's OK...I've already decided to build my own when then time comes. As far as the WC community is concerned...while I can't buy a sub at the moment I'd like to see one go to a beginner. This is a great hobby and, for me anyway, an outlet for my semi-burned out brain cells to wrap around. A really cool idea. Congrats to all those putting their two cents in. You guys rock!!

July 15, 2009 8:39:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

How about a WC Scholarship program for novice skinners who participate in the community also?
That is a rather awesome idea.

In the same vein . . I'd like to see a stronger Master/Apprentice program.  Where a master takes on a specific skinner (in addition to just helping out everyone) amd tries to make them great.  Greater than the Master.  And they'd have to submit thier Master-piece to a board of Masters/mods etc to be accepted.

Crazy talk and off topic . .  carry on.  Sorry for the interuption.

July 15, 2009 9:14:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I like the idea, ID, and people coming forward to donate. I'd like to see a PayPal type system so that we can donate to the skinners if we want to.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.