Who inspires you ?

and why.....plus some thanks.

By on June 21, 2009 10:12:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

vStyler

Join Date 11/2004
+895

Myself?  My Father, joined the Royal Navy when he was 16, retired a lieutenant commander and went on to a succesful career in  civil service.. I am very proud of him.

My eldest son, has been through all kinds of trauma, hit by a car when he was 13 broke both legs, one arm, shoulder, cracked skull, persevered though that to break another arm, and a finger, then was thrown though a window by a drunk redneck, through all the trauma, you wouldn't know he had suffered at all. I'm very proud of him too.

In public life? Couple of examples come to me..

Roger Federer, one of the greatest ever and one of the classiest acts around. Good luck to him this Wimbledon, altho I'm pulling for my countryman.. Andy Murray.

George Bush, for not backing down when things got tough, regardless of what you my think of him I do believe he acted from the heart with the best interest of the American people.  (some of you may disagree)

The secret Santa, he has passed away, may his spirit of samaritanism be passed on to.. someone.

Right now? the people of Iran for having the conviction to stand up to oppression and tyranny... my thoughts are with them.

Our Marines and soldiers serving and fighting on foreign soil, giving their lives for our freedom and way of life.

The millions of starving children around the world, they ask nothing, they know no different, they are at the mercy of the worst life can offer a human being. Do yourself and them a favor.. donate to starving children ANY time you can and be thankful you were not born into the hell they were. This above all things keeps my chin up that I am far more fortunate than I could have been.

Within customization...

My friend danilloOc, the best in the game in my opinion, a constant source of motivation, basically a 'competitor" but never too good to offer help to anyone with a problem, thx Dan, your larger than life.

My good friend Tom, (LightStar) who through thick and thin over almost 10 years has been there for me....and my family.

My wonderful friend Tiggz, one of the wisest... yet quietest people I know... He has motivated me to be better than I actually am.

My old friend IR Brainiac... He has not been dealt as good a hand as a lot of us but inspires me every day to be a better artist, a more thoughtful person and in general.. just better. God bless ya mate.

Sydneysiders - My long distance critic and long time friend, she has been a huge part of what I do for quite a while now, If you have bought or downloaded a theme in the last 2-3 years.. she played a big part in it. Not a bad lookin gal either

Lastly my colleagues from Maxstyles, Messiah, Bilbo, Aroche, Pixel, Brihana, Basj,  they have all stuck by me, they haven't made a penny but have helped me build my brand thru their selfless input, loyalty and hard work. Thank you guys.

Honorable mention to the guys at SD that have helped me advance my career, Brad, Zubaz, ID, Alexandrie, Alexandra, Jafo, etc etc etc...

Thank you all...

I could go on and on..and on and on.. but this is what springs to my mind right now.

Who inspires you?

32 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 21, 2009 10:19:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Excellent post my friend, awwww, and you even mentioned me. 

June 21, 2009 11:02:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I echo Tom's comment.  Excellent post.

My inspirations come from my Grandfather, who was an only child.  He was born and died in the house his Great-Grandfather built.  He worked the land from the time he was old enough until he was in his 70's.  He also worked for the county full-time.  He was a WWII vet as well.  That man knew the meaning of hard work.  I miss him greatly.

My Father.  Have gave everything he had for this country.  In the end, his mind and his health too.  He was never the same after Vietnam.  Most weren't.  I miss him greatly.

My children.  The hold me up on a pedestal.  Sometimes when they shouldn't.  I try to be everything I can for them.  I try to be half the man my Grandfather and my Father were.

My wife.  She works so hard to keep this family going.  I scored way out of my league with her.

My fellow skinners, who try to coax that perfect pixel out of me everytime.  Thanks.

June 21, 2009 11:22:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thx guys.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 21, 2009 11:43:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Great post and inspiring read. Thanks John!

My parents--I realize more and more each day that I am just a chip off the old block; and my Dad is a great one to be a chip off of. He has a great wife, too. Love you, Mom!

My wife (Brysgirl)--Ultra supportive of anything and everything I do. My greatest inspiration, my dearest friend. Oh, and she's hot!

My kids. M1, I have to echo you about the kids. I fall short way too many times, but they love me regardless. They truly are awesome kids and are a privilege to rear.

My bosses--Always encouraging; always inspiring; never accepting less than my best; always caring for the wellbeing of me and my family. To Mark Crockett & Ray Young: I love you guys!

My pastor, Jack Schaap. Awesome preacher; tremendous vision. Again, never accepting less then excellence, yet always accepting everyone as they are. A unique balance of a driven man and a gracious man.

In skinning: m1 got me started and helped keep me going in the early days when I was learning to skin docks. He also helped me get started with RightClick skinning (but he never told me there was a RC skin editor! )

Z71, vStyler, NightTrain & The AV Man have all helped me in one way or another with skinning WindowBlinds. All of you have offered great insight and creative inspiration. Thanks!

I tend to look to The Skins Factory too, if only to see what could be done. Jeff does some amazing things with pixels!

Not to bee too sappy, but thanks to you all!

June 22, 2009 1:37:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I must say that there is some good reading here. I will not be able to write so eloquently.

I draw most of my inspiration from this community. Gef was my first inspiration in DX. I have always aspired to be as good as he. John Gordon is a true inspiration, as is IRBrainiac, Night Train, AVMAN, bilbo, man the list is huge!

sViz has really inspired me to try to learn script, I feel so guilty always grabbing up her scripts. RomanDa and Martin as well for scripts.

As far as people who don't do a lot of skinning....Zubaz was the first real connection I had here, and he inspired me to be more of a part of this community, rather than just hanging around. He will always be near the top of my list of friends.

Jafo and Island Dog have been true friends and inspirations. They always seem to go the extra mile for anyone in need of help here.

I must also say that Xiandi has inspired me to try making a windowblinds skin soon. And last, but not least, The Entire Skinning Community has inspired me to be not only a good skinner, which I hope to be someday, but also to try to help anyone in need if I can, and make some friends along the way. This community is much, much more than a group of people who share an interest.....it is more like a family.  Where I come from, families fight, sure....but who has your back when it comes down to it? Family.....like you guys here at WC!!  

June 22, 2009 1:43:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

it is more like a family. Where I come from, families fight, sure....but who has your back when it comes down to it? Family.....like you guys here at WC!!

Aaaw, I love you, Jim!

June 22, 2009 1:54:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I could never begin to name all the people who have inspired me, but the first who comes to mind is my father.  He could neither read nor write properly, having been pulled out of school a 8 to work in a bakery to help provide for his family, yet he taught me many valuable lessons that help make be a better person today... and despite his inability to read or write well, he was never out of a job and pretty much could make/build anything he set his mind to.  That commands respect in my view, and yeah, I miss him deeply.

My mother is the next person who inspired me most... and still does.  Nothing was ever too much for her when ever we needed anything, we could always go to her for advice and counselling about anything, and much of that advice is the solid foundation upon which I base my life today... more than anyone, she taught me patience, tolerance, understanding and caring.

My grandfather on my mother's side because he was a happy jovial man who tried to see the best in everyone and encouraged everyone to feel positive even when the chips were down.  I never once saw him angry or lose his temper, and if ever thare was a laugh in something he'd find it rather than grumble.  I try to emulate my grandfather because I don't like being angry, miserable or sad... if only I were as successful at it as he was.

There are far too many inspirational public figures to name, so all I'll say here is that I respect and admire anyone who cares and contributes to make this world a better place for all... those who sought nothing for themselves yet left this world a better place for having been here.

However, the most inspiring people of all are those who live in abject poverty and in appalling conditions, yet who can still find a smile and live life with a song in their hearts... those people whose only possession is hope and little or nothing more.

June 22, 2009 2:12:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Aaaw, I love you, Jim!

You ain't getting my Bud Lite!!!  

June 22, 2009 5:07:55 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

So wot yer saying here is, ya ain't sharing yer Lite with a Bud.?

In effect, then, when the beer comes out, you turn off a few letters in the flashing neon sign out front, and "REDNECKDUDE'S BAYOU" becomes BYO???

Now THAT is inspirational.

June 22, 2009 6:08:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My list is small:

Myself

My girlfriend

Stop

Ah...I forget...the community of WC

June 22, 2009 9:09:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Earliest artististic inspiratators...that kid who sat next to me in 3rd grade who after watching the Wolfman on TV the night before,came to class and drew a picture of him...I was thrilled!I HAD to learn how to do that.

Then later Bernie Wrightson and Barry Smith...illustrators for the 2 comics a month that I allowed myself,Conan and SwampThing.

One night while visiting family friends,I spied about 5 minutes of Jason and the Argonauts on TV...forced to go to bed(it was 9 o'clock,my bedtime),I was never the same after I found out about Ray Harryhausen,the creator of the films special effects.

Here?All the same ones John mentioned plus...

Night Train...for toiling along beside me as we learned the craft and for supporting me when I was poor(ok,poorer).

vStyler himself...for pushing me to raising my skinning skills to their best.(picky bastard)

and thanks to Stardock Support...yes,you heard me right...they fixed me up when my expired sub wouldnt activate my software.

Not enough thanks can go to people like Messiah,Bilbo,PDJ,Philmar,Aroche,and........long list of skinners who make us look good and get nothing but an occasional 'great job'for their efforts.

Thanks to all the pre masterskin sales masters...I got here because I wanted to be like you.

Tiggz?...hate you man...nobody should be that good.

June 22, 2009 9:46:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If anyone has ever looked at my art they would dread being labelled as an inspiration.  LOL

I am inspired to be more and be better by my wife and kids.  Much love and thanks go out to them.

June 22, 2009 10:42:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

a very best John .....

Roger Federer, one of the greatest ever and one of the classiest acts around. Good luck to him this Wimbledon, altho I'm pulling for my countryman.. Andy Murray.

any new theme for Murray's first Slam victory ??

June 22, 2009 2:04:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

thanks for your posts y'all

June 22, 2009 3:34:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That's fine. Just toss me a peach tea and I'll be happy.

June 22, 2009 6:56:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That's fine. Just toss me a peach tea and I'll be happy.

Same here... I love a peach tea, especially chilled just right in Summer... more refreshing than a beer any day.

Oh, and the reason I didn't mention mrs starkers before is because I didn't want to hog the first 10 pages going on about how she inspires me... but here's a few reasons:

* she inspires me not to go out chasing wild women and misbehaving.

* she inspires me not to hang out at the pub with my drunken mates.

* she inspires me not to get drunk so I'm facing life as a reality and not a blur.

* she inspires me not to be a slob who leaves his dirty clothes laying around

* and she inspires me not to go out looking for trouble when somebody pisses me off... or comes up with a hair-brained scheme.

Does she do this by nagging?  Nope!  Having mrs starkers in my life just makes me want to be a better person... she completes me and gives meaning to my life.  Simply put, I need for nothing because of the love and care coming from her huge heart, and for that I thank her from the bottom of mine.

June 22, 2009 7:13:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

vStyler himself...for pushing me to raising my skinning skills to their best.(picky bastard)

Exactly what IR did for me, thank you Brainiac!

June 22, 2009 7:17:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My late wife, my two boys....

Many folks in the Forums who despite painful infirmities push on and do their best...

People who don't let objective/ financial realities drown them.

Sunrises and sunsets...

June 22, 2009 10:34:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

* she inspires me not to go out chasing wild women and misbehaving.

* she inspires me not to hang out at the pub with my drunken mates.

* she inspires me not to get drunk so I'm facing life as a reality and not a blur.

* she inspires me not to be a slob who leaves his dirty clothes laying around

* and she inspires me not to go out looking for trouble when somebody pisses me off... or comes up with a hair-brained scheme.

Sounds like that "inspiration" is the big stick she holds over yer head!

June 22, 2009 11:02:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Neda, the beautiful 27 year old Iranian women who was shot dead in the street by the basij, hidden on a rooftop, then proceeded to bleed out in the street with her father screaming above her.

If you haven't seen the video, as disturbing as it is.. you should watch it. It has haunted me all day.... very VERY sad.

God bless her and everyone who stands up for freedom and God damn the cowards that they stand up against

Obama, it's time to speak up.

June 23, 2009 1:30:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Everyone here and nine out of the ten voices in My head.

June 23, 2009 5:24:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting vStyler,
Neda, the beautiful 27 year old Iranian women who was shot dead in the street by the basij, hidden on a rooftop, then proceeded to bleed out in the street with her father screaming above her.

If you haven't seen the video, as disturbing as it is.. you should watch it. It has haunted me all day.... very VERY sad.

God bless her and everyone who stands up for freedom and God damn the cowards that they stand up against

Obama, it's time to speak up.

She lost her life to mindless, evil control freaks. Blessings on those who oppose tyranny!

June 23, 2009 5:56:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

No big stick necessary... true contentment with your partner/spouse means you have no need of unwise/silly distractions.

June 23, 2009 6:09:39 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,

No big stick necessary... true contentment with your partner/spouse means you have no need of unwise/silly distractions.

Major "Bravo!"

After all, what's good for the goose is good for the gander...one should consider a loved one's feelings, no?

June 23, 2009 9:42:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

After all, what's good for the goose is good for the gander...one should consider a loved one's feelings, no?

Actually, I never consider Shaunna's feelings... I consider my own and hers are well and truly covered.  It's called being in sync and truly on the same wavelength as your soulmate.

*EDIT*  Tomorrow is D-Day here.... D-Day being the delightful day my delightful missus arrives home from Tassie... YIPEEEEEE.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000906   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.