Semi-Transparent Icons??

By on May 23, 2009 2:02:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

G3mpi3

Join Date 01/2009
+118

Hey everyone,

So i've been using photoshop and creating some icons and I was just wondering if theres any way to make them semi transparent so you can see through them. It seems when I try to make them semi-transparent the effect just doesn't show up. By the way, Im trying to make .ico files for desktop icons.........not .png files for dock icons.

And while we are on the transparent topic, does anyone know of a program to make other programs semi-transparent?

Thanks in advance,

G3

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 23, 2009 2:20:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Can't help you with the first question.

Second question though, if you're looking for something to change the transparancies for all your apps and windows try this:

Actual Transparent Windows

Hope this help you some!

May 23, 2009 10:11:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Cp, that program looks great! ......I kinda wish it was free though. Oh well.

May 23, 2009 10:52:55 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I kinda wish it was free though

You got a PM G3

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 23, 2009 11:28:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What format are you creating them as in photoshop. If you create as a png then use Icondeveloper to make it an ico, any transparent/translucent parts of image will be as you have made the png image. There are a few translucent icons set here, one being GlassyMaxX by basj.

May 23, 2009 4:56:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Cavan..........I was using photoshop with an icon file format plug-in. I never thought of using icondeveloper........I'll try that out. Thanks a lot.

G3

July 18, 2009 6:58:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

to make the icons into .ico format, go to this site: http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Windows-Icon-Files-With-Photoshop/

Download the file. move the file into the folder described on the site and start photoshop!

the icon you make has to be 64x64 though or it will not work!!!!!! (the file type wont show up when you save as if its not 64x64)

July 18, 2009 7:27:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

On the topic of making Apps transparent, Vista Sidebar has a neat Opacity feature which allows the desktop to show through in varying degrees of transparency. Any ideas on how to apply this to Windows in general? This even works when the Gadget is dragged off the Sidebar and on to the main desktop area.

September 3, 2009 10:18:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://rocketdock.com/addon/icons/2624

I adjusted the color myself

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000610   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.