Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

WinCustomize, Accounts, and Downloading Issues

By on May 4, 2009 10:19:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+616

We have been getting a ton of e-mails about WinCustomize accounts, many regarding downloads, access levels, and user accounts.  I wanted to put together a quick article on some common troubleshooting tips and general info that will solve many issues without having to wait for support to get back to you.

• New customers and downloading.  If you are a new customer, and have just purchased WindowBlinds, Object Desktop, etc. and are now looking to download skins from WinCustomize, you might run into an issue with getting an “access denied” error or a message telling you subscribe.  In most cases this is due to the site not recognizing your new user level (current customer).  Logging out of WinCustomize, clearing your browsers cache and cookies, and logging in again should fix that.  I’d also recommend using a tool like CCleaner.

Also note that being a current customer doesn’t entitle you to the same benefits as being a WinCustomize Subscriber.  You will still see ads, and you will not have access to premium WindowBlinds skins.

• Account Activation.  Make sure your WinCustomize account is activated.  If you didn't receive an activation e-mail, request another at http://www.stardock.com/sdnet_account.asp

• Downloading issues.  If you are a WC subscriber and/or a current customer, clearing your cache and cookies will also usually help.  Also be sure to check any firewall, anti-virus, or anti-spyware settings that might be blocking WinCustomize downloads.
  • Need registration info?  Lost or forgot your registration information?  No problem.  Just go to http://download.stardock.com to get a list of all your products and serial numbers
  • Want to update your info?  You can easily update your Stardock account information, including address, e-mail, password, newsletter preferences, and more at www.stardock.com/accounts/manage.

I hope this will help some of you with any issues you might encounter, and if you still need support for WinCustomize then e-mail wincustomize@stardock.com.

Pinned Post 33 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 14, 2010 1:33:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hankers do i now type in on impulse my email address as my login?

i bought a wincustomize sub for 19.95 and i followed all the steps but nothing happened

December 14, 2010 6:53:55 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There's no WC subscription under your xemnas19 account.  If you purchased from a different account, you will need to merge the accounts from the link he posted above.

WinCustomize Subscriptions do not show up in Impulse either.

February 10, 2011 11:39:35 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Several months ago I purchased Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition.  I have tried several times to download it - but have had no success.  It starts the download, gets to 0.8% and restarts.  When it gets to 0.8% the second time, it says 'Error: Download Verification checks failed.'  How can I fix this?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 3, 2011 5:24:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi !

I tried to update my e-mail on http://www.stardock.com/accounts/manage, then "logon info" and the response is always the same :

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I purchased WB7 with my new address on Impulse and it worked perfectly.

But the old addy stills appears on my WC account and site, and I can't change it because of this error message. [e digicons]:'([/e]

any help ?

thx in advance.

May 3, 2011 6:22:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I had no trouble whatsoever, windoe. Have you cleared your browser cache and cleaned out your cookies? After doing that, try again. If you're still having a problem, I would recommend opening a ticket at  support@stardock.com

May 3, 2011 7:20:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

All was already done...

It seems that my account can't be updated.

I noticed my user level was not changed either. Should be 'current customer', I guess.

Downloads are blocked, too.

Sent a new message to support, hoping all issues will soon be fixed... [e digicons]:'([/e]

November 25, 2011 1:32:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, merging accounts worked for me! I had an account for years and decided to buy a subscription via paypal.

So when I logged in, there were no changes at all, couldn't download anything etc.

I did what milksama said and it worked, so thanks a lot!

Edit: I am talking about a wincustomize account with unlimited downloads. So if anyone has that same issue and you used paypal, do what Milksama said; merge your accounts.

November 25, 2011 11:58:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Why do i have still adverts when i'm logged in ?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0003500   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.