Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

WinCustomize, Accounts, and Downloading Issues

By on May 4, 2009 10:19:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+616

We have been getting a ton of e-mails about WinCustomize accounts, many regarding downloads, access levels, and user accounts.  I wanted to put together a quick article on some common troubleshooting tips and general info that will solve many issues without having to wait for support to get back to you.

• New customers and downloading.  If you are a new customer, and have just purchased WindowBlinds, Object Desktop, etc. and are now looking to download skins from WinCustomize, you might run into an issue with getting an “access denied” error or a message telling you subscribe.  In most cases this is due to the site not recognizing your new user level (current customer).  Logging out of WinCustomize, clearing your browsers cache and cookies, and logging in again should fix that.  I’d also recommend using a tool like CCleaner.

Also note that being a current customer doesn’t entitle you to the same benefits as being a WinCustomize Subscriber.  You will still see ads, and you will not have access to premium WindowBlinds skins.

• Account Activation.  Make sure your WinCustomize account is activated.  If you didn't receive an activation e-mail, request another at http://www.stardock.com/sdnet_account.asp

• Downloading issues.  If you are a WC subscriber and/or a current customer, clearing your cache and cookies will also usually help.  Also be sure to check any firewall, anti-virus, or anti-spyware settings that might be blocking WinCustomize downloads.
  • Need registration info?  Lost or forgot your registration information?  No problem.  Just go to http://download.stardock.com to get a list of all your products and serial numbers
  • Want to update your info?  You can easily update your Stardock account information, including address, e-mail, password, newsletter preferences, and more at www.stardock.com/accounts/manage.

I hope this will help some of you with any issues you might encounter, and if you still need support for WinCustomize then e-mail wincustomize@stardock.com.

Pinned Post 33 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 6, 2009 5:16:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

May 6, 2009 5:33:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I.D.: This link might also help folks to get quick access to their Registration Numbers also:

http://forums.wincustomize.com/account/regs 

May 6, 2009 5:33:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Now ya tell me!!! 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 6, 2009 5:34:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I.D.: This link might also help folks to get quick access to their Registration Numbers also:

http://forums.wincustomize.com/account/regs

Thanx Doc! 

May 6, 2009 6:22:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My pleasure, Jim. Zubaz posted that link maybe 5-6 months ago...my best advice is to do as I did and bookmark the page. Also bookmark your own personal page...if you can't get wc homepage, sometimes you can get in through the personal page...a "backdoor" of sorts (WebGizmo's trick).

May 7, 2009 4:17:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Re #2

If I'd seen this page sooner, I would have noticed I have two concurrent OD subscriptions - April 2010 and May 2010. Duh!

May 7, 2009 5:15:35 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
Re #2

If I'd seen this page sooner, I would have noticed I have two concurrent OD subscriptions - April 2010 and May 2010. Duh!

If you don't actually use 2 licenses for anything, you can mail your receipts to sales@stardock.com and ask if they can merge the subs resulting in one sub with a later expiry date.

May 7, 2009 5:29:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I noticed I have 2 OD listings too, with the same serial number.

Object Desktop Ultimate (Upgrade),  expires Nov 13, 2012

Object Desktop Ultimate upgrade from standard & renewal,  expires Jan 28, 2010

In Impulse (questionmark button, register a product...) I have only a single entry.

Object Desktop Ultimate, expires november 13, 2012

I assume that the Impulse data is more accurate than the WC data is, so check there before yelling on the stardock crew about things that are weird/wrong.

May 8, 2009 4:04:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you don't actually use 2 licenses for anything, you can mail your receipts to sales@stardock.com and ask if they can merge the subs resulting in one sub with a later expiry date.

Good idea, will do that

May 8, 2009 4:14:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

btw, I don't 'yell' at anyone at SD, they do a great job

May 8, 2009 4:47:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
btw, I don't 'yell' at anyone at SD, they do a great job

They definetely do... The one who impresses me the most is the SD Bugmonster though... He's been unusually busy lately. But the SD crew is on to him, and he knows it too.

May 10, 2009 3:32:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hello, everybody.

I am quite new to all of this, and I'm having an issue. I was wondering if anyone could help?

I recently purchased Object Desktop Ultimate but I cannot download/retrieve it. (I already have Impulse installed and have downloaded, and run, other programs with no problem.)  However, I did not purchase ODU using the Impulse browser; I happened to be navigating Stardock online through IE. After the purchase, it told me to download/install Impulse in order to get ODU but I canceled that option because I already have Impulse (as I said), and I figured (erroneously) that I would be able to retrieve my purchase through Impulse later. (I guess I thought that Impulse would have a sort of queue for software that you purchased and was waiting to download, etc....Ooops!) 

Anyway, now I can find absolutely no proof anywhere that I ever purchased ODU---not in my account info at Stardock, or within Impulse, (or anywhere else for that matter---except of course, my Paypal account, which is down $69.99.) I tried getting updated registration info emailed to me but it only has information for the other programs I use. No mention of Object Desktop.

So...two questions...

1) short of having Paypal to cancel/reverse the payment and reordering ODU again through the Impulse browser...what can I do?

and,

2) If you happen purchase software through another browser, do you have to reinstall Impulse every single time in order to download it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Lily

May 10, 2009 3:46:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

LilySelden-

If you haven't done so already, please email support@stardock.com and start a trouble ticket.  Did you use a different email in your Paypal account when purchasing ObjectDesktop?  That could be what is causing your issues and this can be resolved by contacting support.

On question #2 - Impulse is the program used to install and update ObjectDesktop programs. It only needs to run when you are installing the programs or checking for any updates.

May 10, 2009 3:54:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

As it's a purchase you could contact sales@stardock.com. Melissa is on the other end and is really efficient and friendly. She sorted my problem out super fast

May 10, 2009 4:30:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
As it's a purchase you could contact sales@stardock.com. Melissa is on the other end and is really efficient and friendly. She sorted my problem out super fast

No surprise there, Fuzzy. Melibee really is super. I had a question a few months ago and she sorted it out almost before I sent it in....hmmmm...does she have my computer wired?

To MeliBee:

May 10, 2009 9:35:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hello again, and thanks for the friendly responses.

Hankers, I actually do use a different email on my Paypal than the one I have attached to my account here. But I've purchased all of my software the same way (with the different email) and like I said, I've had no problems before. It just seems like when I rejected the offer to install Impulse, and navigated away from that page, I lost that info forever...

Anyway, I will do as suggested here and contact the sales department; they should have a record of the sale.

Thanks again.

Lily

May 11, 2009 9:46:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I found it!  The order went under your email account with Gmail instead of the email account you use normally.  I fixed it up so you should be all set now.  I couldn't find your ticket, but I'm sure I'll come across it soon.

If you run Impulse, the Object Desktop components will be available under the My Software tab.

If anyone has this same problem in the future, email sales@stardock.com with your PayPal transaction ID, because that helps me find it really quickly.

And thanks to DrJBHL for the new avatar.

May 13, 2009 8:50:47 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you very much! Everything did appear in Impulse,  and I was able to download the new programs with no problem.

Thanks!

Lily

September 13, 2009 12:49:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi,

I purchased object Desktop Ultimate 3 days ago and haven't been able to download anything.  I can't even subscribe to WC.  When I press subscribe now it just goes back to the same page with no way to buy.  The same thing with a Master desktop I want to purchase.  It gives me no option to buy!

I've downloaded Impulse, cleared cache and cookies, and still no results.  I can't even dowload free themes or anything!  When did this site get so difficult to use.  I spent $69 and can't get any support.  One thing I did notice was that my user name is different on Stardock than Wincustomize.

September 13, 2009 6:35:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Watkuweis -

If you haven't done so already, please email support@stardock.com and start a trouble ticket.  Stardock's hours are Monday - Friday (9am-4pm EST).

Every effort is made to respond to queries as quickly as possible, though emails sent after-hours and on weekends will generally not be seen until the following work day.

November 27, 2009 7:45:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This happened to me today but I was able to solve it by using the merge accounts feature.

December 10, 2009 4:15:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

To anyone else interested, merging accounts is a frequently asked about feature. This can be done here with ease: http://www.stardock.com/support/registrations/

Fun fact: this is a popular resolution for many who have used Paypal to purchase products.

Mike

December 10, 2009 5:20:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

when will the honorariums be synced??

December 10, 2010 11:19:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i have bought the subscription for 19.95 twice and when i follow the steps to load it i cant find it all in impulse. all i want to do is to be able to download new dream files please tell me what i have to do.

December 11, 2010 7:47:35 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

xemnas19 - What subscription did you buy?  Which Stardock product?

Did you purchase using PayPal?  You may need to transfer the registrations to your Impulse login email is you purchased using a different email.

You can do that here: - http://www.stardock.com/support/registrations/

If that doesn't work then email support@stardock.com and start a trouble ticket.  Include the link to your post here.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0003828   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.