Is this done?

or does it need more work.......

By on April 26, 2009 5:02:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

2of3

Join Date 10/2006
+646

Sometimes it's hard for me to tell if I should do more or just call it finished

Tell ya what:

I have uploaded the .psd to filefactory http://www.filefactory.com/file/agff8h8/n/cloud_orb_psd

Feel free to make your own version and post the results her

98 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 30, 2009 8:56:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

BTW, I'm sorry for my mod

And so you should be!  Ever since seeing that blue nipple, I've been having nightmares about my frigid ex-wives. 

That or I'm dreaming about an Eskimo version of Dolly Parton 'boxing' my ears.

April 30, 2009 9:42:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Starkers, there are other possibilities....this could be the result of a woman, riding in a car, drinking a blue raspberry Slurpie, and the driver stepping on the brake suddenly.  I've spilled blue Slurpie down the front of me a few times, with similar results.

Oh dear...now I'm afraid I've made another association with this art work and I'll never be able to look at it without thinking..."Blue Slurpie Accident on a 36-D"

April 30, 2009 9:52:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Starkers, there are other possibilities.

How true!  I hadn't thought of the blue slurpie accident... nor of the fetish involving an icecube and nipples.

"Blue Slurpie Accident on a 36-D"

Now is that the name of the highway or.....????

Never mind, I get the 'picture'.  

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 1, 2009 12:56:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

or does it need more work.......

Needs more work.

May 1, 2009 1:19:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It does need more work.

With that in mind I think all the ladies should post pics of their nipples so we can choose a suitable candidate for the centre of the wall...

May 1, 2009 1:29:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
It does need more work.

With that in mind I think all the ladies should post pics of their nipples so we can choose a suitable candidate for the centre of the wall...

May 1, 2009 1:49:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
It does need more work.

mmm hmmm. File under "Yet another idea whose time has not yet come." 

May 1, 2009 2:07:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

Which one would you like?

(True story:  These are nipple badges.  They were originally designed to raise awareness for breast cancer care, and can be purchased in some fancy boutique in London). http://www.piaknight.co.uk/Pages/other/nipples.html

They are awesome.  If I could find them locally, I'd buy a few and put them in inappropriate places, just to be silly.

May 1, 2009 2:12:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Any Aunties having Dutch Owens in their hands to beat those uncles

for they don't know how to talk to their daughter.

May 1, 2009 5:29:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yours...

May 1, 2009 6:12:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

Yours...

Oh...I see...the blue one, then. 

May 1, 2009 7:52:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Is it done?...sorry 2of3 but Orbs have been done to death.The work you did is good quality so I would recommend doing something special with it if you want to use an orb.

Put some electrodes and plasma fluctuations on and in it.Mybe some neat bendy techy cables connected by suction cups.Some LED indicator lights etc...

Try a more ambitious reflection like your seeing the lights of the room.

Make it look like it has a function.

(just so you know...I did an orb wall once too LONG ago and got crapped on WITHOUT the advice.The guy was right tho...

May 1, 2009 9:18:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I viewed those pics...yuck! Better a reasonable facsimile to those things. Anyway...check out some of the orbs done for objectdock. There is one with those plasma fluctuations in it. I don't have my flash drives with me so I can't look up the name. However a take on this together with blue if it could be made translucent i.e. in layers of graduating translucency would make appear as though you are looking 'into' the orb. Just a thought.

May 1, 2009 9:24:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sometimes it's hard for me to tell if I should do more or just call it finished

I hear ya.

It's screaming at me to put something in the middle. But that's me. It's probably why my walls don't get that many downloads. I have no self-control.

May 1, 2009 10:12:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If I had self control forget about it. Five gigs worth of downloads on three flash drives. You could make it a dream and blow it up. Then watch it come back together and violate causality.   

May 1, 2009 10:31:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

(True story: These are nipple badges.

They are awesome. If I could find them locally, I'd buy a few and put them in inappropriate places, just to be silly.

Hehe...anuvver true story.   A few years back I was in a cafe having a coffeee with a mate and we spied a young lady across the room who looked like she was wearing 'nipple badges'... well so we thought.  When she walked past us to make another purchase, it became patently obvious that they weren't badges....

Nope, she had cut out two circles in her T-shirt to reveal the real deal.

Badges?  She didn't need no steenkin' badges.

May 2, 2009 4:52:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think all the ladies should post pics of their nipples so we can choose a suitable candidate

I have already done that Fuzzy lol,,, check out reply #48

May 2, 2009 5:27:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

mine are the kind that disapear with a tan OMG

May 2, 2009 6:20:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oh...I see...the blue one, then.

mine are the kind that disapear with a tan

So, which beach is it that you sunbake at???  

Seems to me, WC needs to start up a nipple gallery...no shortage of variety, different shapes, sizes and colours to place on our orbs then, hey what!

May 2, 2009 6:37:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I would very much like to thank I.R, Po and Uvah for taking this post seriously.

I know I went along with the jokes like everyone here, but I did write the OP in hope of some real input.

May 2, 2009 7:03:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting mrs starkers,
I think all the ladies should post pics of their nipples so we can choose a suitable candidate

I have already done that Fuzzy lol,,, check out reply #48

That looks like it should be captioned, "How The World Came To An End"

@2of3:

You're right...things got a bit "sidelined". My thought (this is a taste thing, Tim...technically it's really perfect) is that the Orb, while pretty, is too large and that it's basically "Fool's Gold" which I truly love.

I would remove the border of the orb where it meets the lines at 3 and 9 o'clock and bring thr lines through the orb with a lens effect (lines diverging as they approach the 12 and 6 o'clock) and the glossy border of the orb and lines might be the same width as the dark border of the horizontal lines part, but they all could be glossy...more a 3D effect. You could stick with the matte black brushed background or put in a sky scene (clouds) or rays from behind the orb (like a sunburst) or stars....whatever YOU like.

I know I'm gonna get beaten on...and it's more than what you asked, probably...but it's honest, and doesn't/shouldn't detract one whit from the great artist that you are.

May 2, 2009 7:20:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I would very much like to thank I.R, Po and Uvah for taking this post seriously.

I must be getting old.

Even worse, I downloaded the damn thing and am trying to add to it. There must be medication for this kind of behavior.

May 2, 2009 7:58:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting PoSmedley,

I must be getting old.

Even worse, I downloaded the damn thing and am trying to add to it. There must be medication for this kind of behavior.

Naaah...can't blame ya. If I had your talent, I would too.

So I just downloaded it.

May 2, 2009 12:01:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm sorry, Tim.  I really think it's done right now, but you know I'm a noob, and my skins don't rate very high.  The reason I would like this just as it is (and I downloaded it for my own personal collection, not simply to add a nipple to it), is because sometimes I like my wallpaper to be simple so that I can add to it with widgets and icons, without it looking too cluttered.  It's just my tastes.  It's why all of my clothes are solid colors...so I can accessorize without looking too much like a circus.

May 2, 2009 1:00:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I know I went along with the jokes like everyone here, but I did write the OP in hope of some real input.

For me the wall is fine. The only thing I would like to see is more definition to the dark ring. It's ok at the top, but just gets a little lost at the bottom. Maybe the ring needs more contrast and the lower part of the wall a little less dark.

I wouldn't add anything else - clean is best.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001422   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.