Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

What would you like to see in DesktopX 4.x?

By on April 3, 2009 1:52:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums External Link

ZubaZ

Join Date 11/2001
+819

What sorts of features would you like to see in the 4.x series?

189 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 8, 2009 12:31:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting az0th,
An "Unload DX" option included in the DX dialogue, since many DX skins don't show a system tray. Luckily, a "DX Helper" widget by Randahl  with an "Unload" option is available for now  Link . It's been a real help.

Unless I'm mistaken, that is already a part of DX.

September 28, 2009 8:30:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Often switching work between dozens of different projects, I have to keep browsing to different locations. A recently opened themes/objects list would be beneficial.

October 30, 2009 10:22:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Please consider a proper dialog window for adding custom files. The one we have now is entirely cumbersome, counterintuitive, and unnatural. It's too small, too tedious to navigate, and cannot add multiple files at once.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 31, 2009 7:49:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It would be great to see:

1. Three new ActiveX controls integrated into DesktopX: Multicolumn ListView, TreeView and ImageList (with support for 32-bit images and icons) to make applications like windows explorer. (Or improve the access to MSCOMCTL.DLL. The elements of controls must be skinable - i.e. add the support for WB skins).

2. The OnClick event in the WebBrowser control for active elements of opened pages.

3. The ability to add/use icons in the DX Context Menu.

Issues:

1. DesktopX PushButton and CheckBox control doesn't support the alpha channel. As a result we can see the ugly contour around these controls... Can it will be corrected in the DX4?

2. Object Navigator doesn't keep the font settings and resets it each time on startup... As well as the type of cursor on its ScrollBars is wrong. It show the "Diagonal Resize" instead of "Normal" mouse pointer.

3. When the Windows Media Player Control will start to work in DesktopX? If I remember - the age of this unpleasant bug is more than 1 year!!!!

August 5, 2010 5:51:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You know what would be really handy? if there was a redistribute option which distributed a small compact version of desktopx along with your desktop but it would be locked so it could be used on business computers, or on public kiosks or schools etc.

August 5, 2010 8:59:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Da_Man_Rocks,
You know what would be really handy? if there was a redistribute option which distributed a small compact version of desktopx along with your desktop but it would be locked so it could be used on business computers, or on public kiosks or schools etc.
The pro version of DX allows you to export objects as stand-alone executables.

August 5, 2010 10:20:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Zubaz,

The pro version of DX allows you to export objects as stand-alone executables.
Of course if you are exporting for commercial purposes perhaps a call to Stardock sales would be prudent.  

September 26, 2010 1:51:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'd like .swf flash files support  and theyr codes  (action scripts)  

October 1, 2010 11:52:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Estara mal escrito ??    =D

January 14, 2011 4:19:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'd like to see Vad_M's Weatherlab 7 work in Win 7.  I use 64 but it just doesn't work.  I have no idea why and can't figure this out.

It seems little has changed for the good in Stardock for many things and I probably won't renew my subscription hoping to get the widgets or objects working the way I want. It looks like Desktop X is done for with no real development.

In reality, the only thing that works 100% of the time is that advertisements for games get pushed to my desktop by impulse. 

One thing that doesn't work and bugs me is just about any suite.  Seems suites have been abandoned too.  I just tried to load the bloody valentine wb skin and yep, it doesn't load fully AND the start bar won't come up at all.

I don't get much "free suites" or skins or anything other than community developed stuff which may or may not work.

Stardock, you've fallen on hard times it seems.  I won't be surprised if your company goes away in this economy.  I thought with the leap to Windows 7 and all the improvements that offered Object Desktop would follow but it has stalled instead.

January 14, 2011 4:37:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Object.OnBottom would be nice.  

March 16, 2011 9:55:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The first incarnation of DesktopX 4.x would be a helpful improvement.

March 17, 2011 4:03:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hey! This is a family site!

March 17, 2011 9:49:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting WebGizmos,

Hey! This is a family site!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001235   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.