Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Maximum activations reached

By on September 2, 2008 8:37:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

nickster-uk

Join Date 06/2007

Hi..

would someone be kind enough to reset my activation count please??

This latest version is a bit of a nightmare in terms of activating and keeping it activated.  It does look good but i'd gladly sacrifice the new look for a more stable activation process.

I know most new software has teething troubles but from what i've read on various forums, the activation issues (activation box keeps popping up after activating and the 'windows cannot find activate.exe etc etc have been ongoing for a long time).  I feel a little a let down that things haven't been rectified but I hope Stardock get there in the end as it's a great program to have....when it works

Thank you

20 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 2, 2008 8:52:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you could please start a formal ticket through support@stardock.com. You can then PM me the ticket number one you do and I will handle it right away for you. I look forward to helping you out!

September 2, 2008 9:58:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks Seabass...PM sent

September 2, 2008 10:50:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks! Got it and I have reset your activation. Please let me know if you have any further troubles.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 2, 2008 11:22:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks Seabass...i've managed to stop the activation prompt popping up when opening the main interface of the program but it still pops up when trying to change an icon via the right-click -> properties method.  When I enter my Icon Packager v4 serial, it tells me it's an invalid product.

September 3, 2008 9:30:39 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What version of Icon Packager are you on? The current beta contains the fix for that listed problem. In Impulse click on the Stardock Orb > preferances > then check "Show Pre-Release Versions. Then update Icon Packager.

September 3, 2008 12:09:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I've also hit the limit on most of the things i use in ObjectDesktop, have submitted a ticket 2 days ago but no responce so far.

EDIT: NVM, Resolved!

September 4, 2008 12:24:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This is going to sound geeky but we have a new cool forum feature for admins where we can now re-activate right from the forum.  So if someone does nee dhelp, posting is a good idea as anyone at Stardock with forum admin access can help.

September 4, 2008 12:42:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That is excelent.

September 8, 2008 8:56:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Seabass,
What version of Icon Packager are you on? The current beta contains the fix for that listed problem. In Impulse click on the Stardock Orb > preferances > then check "Show Pre-Release Versions. Then update Icon Packager.

Thanks for the help Seabass, that has sorted the problem out....but I have since noticed another little annoyance.  The change icon tab/context menu entry is missing for avi files.  It's present for all other file types I have checked so i'm not 100% sure if its a Windows issue or IP problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

September 10, 2008 12:10:18 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Update:

The change icon context menu entry is also missing on wmv files.

As a test, I installed IP on XP and it works fine on there so it's only affecting Vista.  I also installed IP to a Vista installation on a virtual PC environment to see if there was a chance that a program I have installed on my main Vista partition was causing a problem but the change icon context menu entry was missing on avi and wmv files there too.

September 10, 2008 10:15:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Vista-guy, please toss a ticket at support@stardock.com. Make sure that you include a link to this post when you do and the version number of Icon Packager. I think this will require some more indepth look into your system.

September 10, 2008 3:28:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Will do.  Thanks

February 10, 2013 10:33:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hi im need update activation limit PLEASE

February 10, 2013 3:25:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
This is going to sound geeky but we have a new cool forum feature for admins where we can now re-activate right from the forum. So if someone does nee dhelp, posting is a good idea as anyone at Stardock with forum admin access can help.

We can?

If it's 'customer lookup' then no, not 'anyone' ....

February 10, 2013 4:58:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
Quoting Frogboy, reply 7This is going to sound geeky but we have a new cool forum feature for admins where we can now re-activate right from the forum. So if someone does nee dhelp, posting is a good idea as anyone at Stardock with forum admin access can help.

We can?
  Things have changed a bit since September 4, 2008. Didn't you get the memo?

February 11, 2013 8:18:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting doliec,
hi im need update activation limit PLEASE

It looks like you did the offline activation.  Are you OK now?  Otherwise, email support@stardock.com

February 11, 2013 9:39:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

Quoting Jafo, reply 14Quoting Frogboy, reply 7This is going to sound geeky but we have a new cool forum feature for admins where we can now re-activate right from the forum. So if someone does nee dhelp, posting is a good idea as anyone at Stardock with forum admin access can help.

We can?  Things have changed a bit since September 4, 2008. Didn't you get the memo?

Living dangerously?  

February 12, 2013 12:06:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

Quoting Jafo,
reply 14
Quoting Frogboy, reply 7This is going to sound geeky but we have a new cool forum feature for admins where we can now re-activate right from the forum. So if someone does nee dhelp, posting is a good idea as anyone at Stardock with forum admin access can help.

We can?  Things have changed a bit since September 4, 2008. Didn't you get the memo?

Admin site improvements have just been run down by a geriatric snail with a zimmer frame ......

If there's a memo then true-to-form Cobb & Co's last nag snuffed it from the excitement...

February 18, 2013 1:15:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have emailed and called you all regarding my product Icon Packger 5 and yet I have not gotten a response regarding this matter. When I paid for it I did not have a problem getting in touch with you all but your support tech, emailing you all doesn't seem to work either. I just want to know how to re-active Icon Packger and Wincustomize 7 upgrade as well when it keeps telling me that I have reached my maximum download..I would appreciate it if this matter can be taken care ASAP.

Thank you....

February 18, 2013 1:23:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting outten59,
I have emailed and called you all regarding my product Icon Packger 5 and yet I have not gotten a response regarding this matter. When I paid for it I did not have a problem getting in touch with you all but your support tech, emailing you all doesn't seem to work either. I just want to know how to re-active Icon Packger and Wincustomize 7 upgrade as well when it keeps telling me that I have reached my maximum download..I would appreciate it if this matter can be taken care ASAP.

Thank you....

I don't see any emails with the email you use in the forums.

What is the ticket ID you have?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.