Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Can't create or fully apply any themes

By on July 12, 2008 4:16:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

gardenerstouch

Join Date 02/2005
+8
With all the new versions of Stardock products, I am no longer able to create a reasonably whole Theme Manager theme, or even apply one that has already been created.  Is there a timetable when we can expect to see an update for this critical component of Object Desktop?
7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 12, 2008 4:49:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
+1
I have tried to assemble a 1/2 dozen with a WB,a WP,an IP,WMP,and a DX theme.None work quite right.They won't load components consistently.I thought it was just me.
TM also hangs when changing themes or restoring to Aero and other quirks.I would really like to see this app given a little love.Not all of us can afford MC themes,or like elements we already have and need a working way to package and apply them.
I hope perhaps someday to assemble (with the skinners' permission,of course)some Vista Ready suites.If Theme Manager goes down the toilet,I might as as well follow it.
July 13, 2008 4:38:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
If past history is any indication of when Theme Manager will be out, you can look at Theme Mangager 2007, which if my memory serves me right, was released in November of that year. I'm certainly hoping for an earlier release date than that this year. I really wish that Stardock would be a little more transparent with thier customers on their production schedule, so they can stop holding their breath for the next major release!   
July 13, 2008 4:36:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Ya it hasn't been updated to work with some of the updates to other pieces. I saw several posts about it a few months back, I'm not going to bother to look them back up. Anyway, the jist of it is, Stardock knows it needs updated and has firmly said they're not going to abandon it. As for when, well things happen when they happen (not saying that with any spin either way, that's just the way it is).

So there's hope.
There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 13, 2008 6:02:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
As for when, well things happen when they happen

It would make sense to wait until all or most of the apps themselves have been updated successfully before revamping TM.I'm a patient man,I can wait.Better to have it right than rushed.
July 14, 2008 1:53:37 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Wizard, I wish I had your talent for patience. Has anyone figured out how many pieces of the puzzle have yet to be updated? Perhaps I should learn something about meditation, do you think?  
July 14, 2008 4:55:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Don't know about meditation but how about distraction? I swear the more a person worries about this stuff the worse it gets, it's like trying to dig yourself out of a hole. I try to enjoy what works and either tinker with the stuff that doesn't for fun or just zap it. Life's too short and there are wayyy bigger fish to fry. Sometimes the best thing to do is just pry my fat a** out of the chair and go do soemthing constructive - seem to get a lot more done that way   
July 14, 2008 10:47:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
many pieces of the puzzle

You can put the pieces in place with a hammer,or make them fit with a little trimming,but that's cheating.(and the puzzle will come out funny)
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.