Helping a Community Member in Need: Quentin/ArileenDesign

By on June 11, 2008 11:08:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Zoomba

Join Date 11/2002
+114

Some of you may be aware that long-time member of the community and the site moderation team, Quentin94 (ArileenDesign) is in a bit of a financial bind.  After hurting his back about a year ago he is now out of work and facing mounting bills and growing debt as he tries to keep his apartment and feed his daughter.  Unfortunately he's now having to look into bankruptcy and still isn't sure he's going to be able to make ends-meet.

Not being able to work because of an injury is no picnic, especially when you're faced with mounting debt as a result.  As Quentin works through the larger bill issues, he still has to worry about a roof over his head, and feeding his daughter.

To that end, I'm making an appeal to the WinCustomize community.  Quentin has been among our ranks for nearly two years and has given us so much in skins, help on the forums, help in moderation and most importantly in the kind words he always has for everyone.  Personally I've found him to be an invaluable asset to the site staff and I want to help him out any way I can. 

So I'd like to ask everyone to take a moment and see if they can donate a few dollars to help Quentin keep his head above water.

He's set up a PayPal account you can donate money directly to.  This means the money is available directly to him (and him only) and he can access it any time he needs.

Note: You do not have to have a PayPal account to donate, you can donate directly via Credit/Debit card.

Also, this is a very special case we're dealing with here.  Quentin is a key member of site staff and a huge resource to the community.  We normally frown upon solicitations on the forums, but in this specific case we felt we needed to make an exception.

If you are able, please lend a hand.  Hopefully between all of us we can lighten the load a bit for Quentin as he works through his current financial and health troubles.

Locked Post 105 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 11, 2008 11:31:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I am feeling sorry for quentin.
I think its our duty to help a community member if he is in any type of difficulty. I'll be more than happy to help him indeed its a pleasure to help quentin.
June 11, 2008 11:34:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
This means a lot to me, i can't find the words to say thank...
You make me crying...
Really i'm truly honored to be a part of a community like Wincustomize. I wish i could do more for it and for every friends i found here.

June 11, 2008 11:44:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Quentin knows how I feel so I'd like to take this space to also ask our members to help out.  Every little bit will help.
There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 11, 2008 11:45:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Kudos to Stardock and Wincustomize for this. I hope things improve for you Quentin.
June 11, 2008 11:49:35 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I'll be more than happy to help quentin.
June 11, 2008 12:03:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Zubaz wishes he could sell karma points.

I'd give them all up for you bro!  
June 11, 2008 1:32:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I hope things will be looking better for you in the near future.
June 11, 2008 2:00:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Thanks to all who gave me help, really thanks. There are no words...

June 11, 2008 2:14:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I didn't realize how dire your situation was, Quentin... of course I'll help out!

I just need to wait for payday
June 11, 2008 4:33:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Hang in there Quentin...sounds like some help is headed your way.  
June 11, 2008 4:36:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
some help is headed your way

June 11, 2008 6:21:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
....donated. (huggles quentin)......youll be okay my friend.........
June 11, 2008 7:19:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
count me in, some $$$ is on the way for a fantastic fella
June 11, 2008 8:05:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Sorry to hear about your plight, Q. I'm right out of French Francs and Euro's but here's some US dollars to help you along. Take care, my friend and I hope you are able to turn things around soon.   
June 11, 2008 9:48:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
been missing you around here Q......hope you're back on top of it all soon.....  
June 11, 2008 10:10:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
It's an honor Quentin!

Cp

June 11, 2008 10:11:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Sorry to hear about your problems. Not easy having to worry like that about being able to provide for a child.

Nice to see the community helping out. I'll be sure to pass something along from next weeks paycheck.
June 11, 2008 10:12:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
It's an honor Guentin!

Damn, no edit again! I meant Quentin!
June 11, 2008 10:12:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
 ( I'm wishing you all the best Quentin. Sorry I can't do more than send good thoughts but, I'm going through a rough patch myself. I hope you and your daughter see better days ahead. Hang in there, much love.   
June 12, 2008 12:06:35 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Quentin, Right now I only have prayers to send your way. I live on disability and only get paid once a month. So next month I will be sending money your way. My best to you and your daughter.
June 12, 2008 3:03:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I have just donated, (huggles quentin), I wish it was more, I will have you in my prayers Quentin
June 12, 2008 5:48:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Many thanks for the prayers and thoughts and for the donations, i truly appreciated them.
I know how a single euro or dollar is important for everyone. It's really a wonderful community and you are really wonderful peoples.
To those who can't, i understand a lot no need to be sorry, it's normal.
sViz, Skybright i didn't know about your problems and i'm sorry about it, i wish i could do something myself for you. At least my thoughts for you.
Again thanks you all for this amazing and beautiful help.
June 12, 2008 8:29:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I want to thank those who have responded with money and thoughts.   I hope all that have read but not wrote have helped also.  I also hope more people will read this and lend a hand.
June 12, 2008 8:44:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
My prayers and best wishes are with you Quentin. I really wish I could help but I've been dealing with some serious health problems of my own this last year. Which is why you haven't seen much in the way of docks coming from me lately. About the only hope I've got is hitting the lottery...and I ain't holding my breath on that. But if by some divine intervention by God I do...I will remember you. Keep your head up.
June 12, 2008 8:46:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Count me in, love your work Q & your contribution to our community, hang in there my friend.
As Zoomba says " but in this specific case we felt we needed to make an exception"
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001844   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.