think i found part of disappearing problem source

By on February 13, 2008 1:20:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

MichaelG04_NEW

Join Date 08/2002
it seems to start for me when i use remote desktop. it also might be my environment using 2 monitors. for instance, i would have a remote desktop connection open on the right monitor, then when i move the mouse to the left, the cursor is gone, not to be seen, but i can click on things, and sometimes it comes back for a few secs here and there. if i reboot, all is good, until i repeat the process.
21 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 15, 2008 4:54:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
also think it might have to do with multiplicity pro
November 14, 2008 7:16:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ok, it is definatly related to multiplicity, at least it is one of the causes.  i notice some times when i switch, cursorFX main cursor disables, and if i go to another pc, then come back, it shows again.  the problem is that when for some reason the default windows cursor is blank, then i have no cursor at all.

November 14, 2008 8:47:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

i notice the same thing, oh wait, i am the same person

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 14, 2008 8:54:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Chortle

November 14, 2008 9:03:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I used to have that problem but haven't in a long while.  What versions of each app (CFX adn MP) are you using.  And what OSs?

November 14, 2008 1:42:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
I used to have that problem but haven't in a long while.  What versions of each app (CFX adn MP) are you using.  And what OSs?

vista ultimate sp1 on both machines, and whatever the latests versions are, i check for updates via impulse daily.  i've been working with support, but they haven't responded in over a month, and been having this problem since cursorXP, trying to sort for over a year

May 13, 2009 11:08:05 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

so, is this going to be fixed and seriously looked at?  been an issues since CursorXP, and it's getting really aggravating.

May 13, 2009 11:19:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Do you have a case open with Support? (And yes it is related to MP and I want it resolved too.  )

May 20, 2009 9:06:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

yes, support told me it has nothing to do with MP, lol, well, it does, and with RDP.  they just said they would let hte developer know.  what i'm not understanding, is why this is still happening, it's been years, since cursorXP that this has been a problem

October 1, 2009 10:31:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hello support?  could you look into to this please?  been years now and i no longer get responses by emails

October 1, 2009 12:55:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

maybe they decided your a figment

since your member numbers don't match

October 2, 2009 7:58:11 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

that is very strange, WTF happened there?  i know they sent me an email last week telling me that my username was already taken and i had 3 days to change it, which is also found weird

October 2, 2009 7:58:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

omg this makes no sense lol

October 2, 2009 8:21:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

cursor xp has been replaced with cursorfx, that could be a reason for the lack of support....cursorfx is much better anyway with cooler stuff.

October 6, 2009 5:09:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hmmm, pretty sure i said cursor FX, also, hows my number

October 6, 2009 5:51:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

fixed.  Albeit not the cleanest solution, but effective.

Edit: the username that is.  CursorFX thing is a known issue with it and DirectX.  Unfortunately no fix as of yet.

December 8, 2009 9:19:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

so just wondering, is there maybe something that can be done with keyboard launchpad that would reset the default windows cursors?

December 9, 2009 11:45:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If you hit "Ctrl-Shift-C" CursorFX will set the Windows default.  This is built right in to the app.

December 10, 2009 7:55:16 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i'll give that a shot, but the problem is that the default windows cursor is blanked out, so when cursorFX fails, there is no cursor at all.  maybe this will work, i'll post after it fails and i try it.

thanks

December 14, 2009 9:05:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting MichaelG04,
i'll give that a shot, but the problem is that the default windows cursor is blanked out, so when cursorFX fails, there is no cursor at all.  maybe this will work, i'll post after it fails and i try it.

thanks

this basically unloads CursorFX on the fly and should work.  Is this blank cursor happening with specific apps?  I know that several GTK+ apps I use have their own theming engine that overrides the cursor.

March 5, 2011 2:27:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i got win 7 os, had benn using cursor fx in my xp for more than 3 years but in win7 os it doesnt work well, it keeps on hiding at the back of the start button. uninstalled cursor fx and my pointer has no problem anymore. it means cursor fx has compatibility issue with win7 os. at the moment im using the default pointer of win7...if i find the workaround solution to it then i'll use again cursor fx in the future.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.