colouring in the icons

By on January 21, 2008 5:59:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

gradv50

Join Date 10/2007
have changed my icon package and then changed the colour of the icons added special effects via icon developer, but they have not been applied to the icons,how do you apply different colour and special effects from icon developer to the icon package,ie what am i doing wrong.
11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 21, 2008 6:13:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
have you checked the threads sure saw one along this line yesterday, something along the line of save original as new package first by renaming it then alter the renamed set then save and apply, the set you altered but not got program so not saying this is def. right

have a look at this one
WWW Link
January 21, 2008 8:28:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
have done what the link said, but still no joy, however it has saved the changes, theres something else needs to be done, not worked it out yet.
January 21, 2008 10:27:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
thought id done it but having trouble applying the package, will not let me apply the package for some reason.it is saved on icon packager, but will not apply the changes for some reason, if someone knows how to do it will be much appreciated. ps does not work on all of them.
There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 22, 2008 6:57:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
can only assume something isnt working, because done everything with icon package ie recolour and add special effect and saved it and put it on the icon packager, but it will not apply it to the package, if anyone knows what you have to do to apply the package once everything is prepared, would be appreciated.
January 22, 2008 7:06:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
hardly a daygo by

As a test...(in Iconpackager) try applying a different package from the one you modified and reboot. Then apply the modified package. Report back on EXACTLY what happens, ie can you see the package in the list, can you click on it, can you preview the package, Do ANY icons change, do you get an error message, does the original package apply instead.......
January 22, 2008 11:30:17 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
done everything you suggested, but it will not apply for some reason, wondering if i need a patch or something. have 3 packages upto now and you can see the changes in the list, i can click on it, review it, everything except apply the changes.have changed a forth package with the same results, now noticedthat when you go into icon developer a target theme comes up, i can only use the edit package and not the recolour package or the skin package.
January 22, 2008 12:45:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
ok after modifying the package try going to the actual package and double clicking on it to open it in IP. IP wouldn't recognize my recolored icons until i went to the folder where the new colored pack was and manually installed the set by double clicking it, like when installing a brand new package.. try this
January 22, 2008 3:13:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
afraid that didnt work either.just noticed something, when i double click the icon package it transfers the changes, but when i click apply then look to see if icons have changed, which they didnt, then go back into the icon package the changed icons are back to where they were before i double clicked them ie. no change. why can that be.
January 22, 2008 4:23:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
how do i change the individual drive mode in icon packager may be this is the problem.
January 26, 2008 7:23:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
update; now when i apply the package the screen goes opaque and a sign appears please wait, a bit like the wb6, i wait... and wait... and wait... till i have to shut down and reboot with nothing changed in the icons. does this mean i need a patch or something.
January 26, 2008 7:30:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You love your patches

Most likely still doing something wrong but have to wait for someone with program to drop by
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.