Stacks or Grid Stacks on ObjectDock

By on December 17, 2007 11:36:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

jive01

Join Date 01/2007
Man, this is sweet feature on Leapard. I know there are flyout menues, but any plans for stacks grid menu. This would make my productivity level jump!
101 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 18, 2008 10:19:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Well, I must be flippin' retarded because no matter what I do it doesn't work...PERIOD. Not that it matters for me because I don't use tabbed docks at the top but dammit jebro, I'd like to be able to have it work, just in case Mirsguy ever makes a tabbed dock that I just gotta have at the top.   
July 19, 2008 11:59:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I'd like to be able to have it work, just in case Mirsguy ever makes a tabbed dock that I just gotta have at the top.

July 20, 2008 12:16:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Mirsguy: when you upload to imageshack, copy the Direct link to image (the very bottom one) then on here click on the insert image button, paste in the direct link, then submit.
There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 20, 2008 10:51:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Well, I must be flippin' retarded because no matter what I do it doesn't work...PERIOD. Not that it matters for me because I don't use tabbed docks at the top but dammit jebro, I'd like to be able to have it work, just in case Mirsguy ever makes a tabbed dock that I just gotta have at the top.   

Just to clarify how to get Stacks to work properly in tabbed docks:

1. Right-click on the Configure ObjectDock icon in the tabbed dock (yes, you have to do it on the icon itself).

2. Select "This Dock"

3. Select "Position on Screen"

4. Select "Top"

OD+ defaults to Position on Screen Bottom whenever it opens, so you have to repeat this process each time for the docklet to work.
July 20, 2008 12:38:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
You need to right-click on your top-tabbed dock. Choose "This Dock", then "Position on screen", then "Top".

Which is what I was trying to do.

1. Right-click on the Configure ObjectDock icon in the tabbed dock (yes, you have to do it on the icon itself).

That's what has to be done. I GOT IT! WoooHoooo! Thanks Chuck. Karma your way.
July 20, 2008 3:15:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Glad to be of service!
July 20, 2008 4:40:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I'd like to be able to have it work, just in case Mirsguy ever makes a tabbed dock that I just gotta have at the top.

I GOT IT! WoooHoooo!

Okay, mess--I guess that means I gotta get goin' on some tabbers for you!
July 20, 2008 4:46:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

July 20, 2008 6:31:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I finally broke down and installed this thing just to see what all the fuss was about!

After carefully looking at all the problems from this forum, getting this to work was quite simple. Of course already having knowledge of fly-out menu functions was a big help to necessitate this feature for me in the first place.

And while I do admit that this is a new and neat looking way to access drives, folders and what not, I also feel strongly that this is no better, no easier and no cooler looking than a custom fly-out from OD!

Both the grid and fan options are relatively sloppy and spatially crude compared to OD's fly-outs to me. It uses up way too much desk space when assigned to large volumes. And as far as ease, I already have it easy with fly-outs!

Eventually stacked may grow on me as I play with it a bit more, but for me to say that this will ever replace my fly-outs, right now the answer is a resounding hell no!

I hope and trust that my honesty with this doesn't piss anyone off. And if it did, too bad, it's just another opinion!

Cp

July 20, 2008 6:37:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
CP, to each his own buddy, to each his own. Hopefully, Stardock will integrate the stacks feature into OD and put the Stardock touch of gold on it.   
July 20, 2008 6:43:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I love stacks and fly-outs uniquely. I use them both depending on what I want/need. They're both great!
July 20, 2008 7:01:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
CP, to each his own buddy, to each his own. Hopefully, Stardock will integrate the stacks feature into OD and put the Stardock touch of gold on it.

If this meant that grids and stacked could possibly be incorporated as an additional option to the standard OD fly-out menu features, then I think this would be off the friggin' charts, because as it is, you can only display fly-outs one way!

Optional viewing preferences to suit one's particular taste and needs are always cool.

July 20, 2008 8:45:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I don't think they'd add something and take away the flyouts...lot's of folks like the flyouts.
July 25, 2008 8:53:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
If you click on my link in number 2, you can get the updated version of the stacks docklet. Seems to now have support for whichever iconpack you are using at the time. All my folders are now using the icon provided in the applied iconpack, where they were a standardish windows folder before. Sweet.

July 25, 2008 11:10:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
If you click on my link in number 2, you can get the updated version of the stacks docklet. Seems to now have support for whichever iconpack you are using at the time. All my folders are now using the icon provided in the applied iconpack, where they were a standardish windows folder before. Sweet.

Wicked Badd!!! Gonna get this now!
July 25, 2008 11:58:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Seems to now have support for whichever iconpack you are using at the time.

Thanks for the heads up messiah
July 26, 2008 2:04:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Seems to now have support for whichever iconpack you are using at the time. All my folders are now using the icon provided in the applied iconpack, where they were a standardish windows folder before. Sweet.

Guess I already had the update then! Mine always worked this way!

Thanks again for lookin' out Monkeyman!

July 26, 2008 3:40:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Mine always worked this way!

Well, isn't that special...  (Said in the tone of Church Lady from SNL)
July 26, 2008 4:03:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Well, isn't that special... (Said in the tone of Church Lady from SNL)

October 31, 2008 9:21:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Member No.2,236,319

Karma+127

December 19, 2007 14:59:38

You could check out this docklet...works well.

Stacks Docklet

messiah1? This is like the second or third time (thru another thread) you have rocked my world! Thank you ever so much, I love having the choice.

November 1, 2008 8:51:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

messiah1? This is like the second or third time (thru another thread) you have rocked my world! Thank you ever so much, I love having the choice.

Glad to be of assistance Shar.

November 11, 2008 8:22:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

just  so i can finf this one again later

February 24, 2010 12:09:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

can someone please tell me where to download the stack docklet version 2.0? the file2go is no longer working. thanks.

February 24, 2010 1:13:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

can someone please tell me where to download the stack docklet version 2.0? the file2go is no longer working. thanks.

If you click on Messiah's link in reply #2 and scroll all the way down past the comments...click on the word "last" and at the end of the comments someone has posted a link to it. Hope you can read chinese!

February 24, 2010 7:12:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

thanks for the tip. i tried it earlier but i just couldnt figure it out . does somene have the stack docklet2 file? can someone email me? my email add is goliath6900@yahoo.com. thanks in advance.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001093   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.