Recoloring Icon Packages

Need Help Saving

By on December 2, 2007 12:48:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The-Reaper-Man

Join Date 09/2005
+6
I was hoping someone out there could help me with an Icon Developer problem I'm having. I recently took it upon myself to mess around with recoloring some .ICL files. I fiddled with the color settings until I got the desired tone just to my liking and wanted to save it. Here's my problem: I still wanted to keep the original Icon Package and have the new recolored one as well. However, when I went to go save the new one, the only option I was given was "Save", not "Save As..." which would have allowed me to acomplish my goal. So, I tried a couple of different things, such as after exiting out of Icon Developer going into Windows Explorer and "renaming" the new .ICL file and .ICONPACKAGE file to something different after making a copy of the original package.
    Didn't work.
    Not only that but when I loaded up Icon Packager and selected the new recolored package, it showed NO ICONS for it! So I'm wondering how in the world do you actually SAVE a recolored Icon Packager theme without REPLACING the original? I find the documentation for Object Desktop regarding this procedure to be somewhat useless so hopefully somebody here knows the answer. Thanks guys.
3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 15, 2008 10:48:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Sounds like a bit if a bug. I would check out IconDeveloper 2.0 and see if it can do this job for you sufficiently.
March 15, 2008 12:25:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Funny thing. I was just trying to recolor Organic by Skinhit, because I saw it in the new dragon post with different colors.

HG_Eliminator's Dragon Screenshot with Skinhit's Organic link too

I thought there was a way to recolor an entire package but it seems that each individual icon has to be recolored separately.
March 15, 2008 1:59:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
See this article if it can help you... Link
There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.