Some things I'd like to see for ObjectDock

Wishfull thinking....

By on November 9, 2007 9:19:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

messiah1

Join Date 10/2005
+434
Now, don't get me wrong, for the money ObjectDock plus is a rockin' program. I love it. And the past few upgrades have been super. As a monkey that makes skins for OD, I sometimes find myself limited in the things I can do as far as design, but that's to be expected. The developers can't read the minds of the folks using or designing for OD. I understand that. So here are a couple of things I'd like to see for ObjectDock, if you have any others, feel free to post 'em. (oh, and if any of these are already in OD, slap me)

1. I know I can set my tabs to be different colors and have different fonts...however, what I'd like to see is a way to have different color fonts for active/inactive tabs. For example, the active tab has a white font, the inactive tabs has a gray or black font.

2. Blurring! I'd love to see the same option that WB6 now has where you could turn on blurring for the docks...say you have a clear dock and where you can see through it is slightly blurred. That would rock.

3. Docks that can be curved. I know I can make curved docks...but how sweet would it be to have the icons follow the curve of the dock?

Ok, your turn.   
180 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 6, 2008 12:30:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There's a skin editor for RightClick??!!

SILENCE! 'Tis a secret made manifest only to the elite!

January 14, 2009 1:02:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

i'm not sure if it was mentioned before in this thread, but i would like to have a feature within object dock settings to have a tabbed dock locked center, right, or left side....eveytime i run an app that blows up my resolution...when i get done using the app my tabbed dock is always off-centered...the single docks always pop back into place....thanx i hope this can be an added feature...please...pretty please

January 14, 2009 1:10:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting jojo25,
i'm not sure if it was mentioned before in this thread, but i would like to have a feature within object dock settings to have a tabbed dock locked center, right, or left side....eveytime i run an app that blows up my resolution...when i get done using the app my tabbed dock is always off-centered...the single docks always pop back into place....thanx i hope this can be an added feature...please...pretty please

I would think that is on the agenda as that feature is available for regular docks. Making both kinds of docks have the same functionality (with the exception of the tabs ofcourse...) should be an aim.

In addition I'd like to have an option to center the icons on the dock, I find it annoying to have all icons on the side of the dock in the tabs that has less icons than some other...

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 1, 2009 3:10:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I was reading through the posts in this thread when i happened to want to google to wincustomize (yeah i know, create an icon) and i was instantly surprised by the search bar on my tabbed dock! I thought i knew all the possible places a docklet could go when this search one appeared!

It wasnt untill i had entered my term that i realised it was infact the search bar from impulse (LOL!)

But wouldnt that be great? when your wee tabs are just about poking out in the top of your screen you could google your heart away! talk about bringing the internet to the desktop!

Thats what i want to see, a search docklet in the tabs space!

And what about circular docks? You could hide them right at the bottom of your screen with say a start bit in the middle and 8 mini icons round it, mouse over and it expands a layer! it would be really handy and mouse efficient!

Also a built in icon shadower would be awesome, one where it would just stick a shadow identicle to the one under the impulse icon under any icon - would certainly be great for firefox etc.

February 1, 2009 4:50:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That would be cool!

Some things I'd like to see for ObjectDock; Wishfull thinking....

Less people whining about things that they think are broken in the current version, in light of the fact that 2.0 is on its way.

February 1, 2009 6:45:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Mirsguy,

Less people whining about things that they think are broken in the current version, in light of the fact that 2.0 is on its way.

The only thing broken is promises made... Unfortunately I've learned not to trust what they say, and stick to being happy about what's delivered. I don't hold it against them though, they are only human. I'm quite confident that they are doing what they can to get things together.

I'll REALLY be pissed if they charge me for a 2.0 upgrade though, as they did promise future 64bit support when I bought it.

February 2, 2009 12:08:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

charge me for a 2.0 upgrade

I would count on it. It'll be a whole new version of the program, not just an upgrade.

February 2, 2009 9:21:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Mirsguy,

charge me for a 2.0 upgrade
I would count on it. It'll be a whole new version of the program, not just an upgrade.

The question isn't really about if they charge for it or not, it's more about if the charge ME. I'm not afraid to state my case to the salespeople, I hope they see it my way. No point in getting pissed before anything actually has happened.

February 2, 2009 5:17:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

No point in getting pissed before anything actually has happened.

Right you are, and it always pays to stand up for yourself in situations like these... or at least they won't put up the cost

February 12, 2009 8:07:08 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm posting this from another thread as suggested....

What about having the contents automatically resize the dock length according to the amount of Icons? Then you won't have all that extra space making it look stupid. Then also, if there becomes too many icons, you can specify, say after 10 icons, either create a new row or put in the left/right buttons...

what would be sweet is that if there's too many icons to be displayed and you need a left and right button... why not make it so that when you hover over towards the left the icons automatically move to the right (and same in reverse)... kind of like in Flash with scrollable thumbnails across the bottom... it would save a few clicks...

I might also add that it might not be a bad feature to have the tabs automatically come into focus by mouse hover... just some thoughts...

February 12, 2009 11:16:36 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi I have a little problem on objectdock_freeware.
I made the install a month now I have the calendar
docklet is lost.
I try to reinstall but still the same thing so I decide
to look in C: \ Program Files \ Stardock \ ObjectDock \ docklet \ Calendar
I find a file calendar.dll and an image calendar.png
i have search on Google but I find nothing
So Please can you help me set this problem?
as soon as possible! emergency
    thank you in advance! : yes:: pen:

February 12, 2009 11:33:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi I have a little problem on objectdock_freeware.

I made the install a month now I have the calendar

docklet is lost.

I try to reinstall but still the same thing so I decide

to look in C: \ Program Files \ Stardock \ ObjectDock \ docklet \ Calendar

I find a file calendar.dll and an image calendar.png

i have search on Google but I find nothing

So Please can you help me set this problem?

as soon as possible! emergency

thank you in advance! : yes:: pen:

Put this in an ObjectDock support thread.

February 22, 2009 6:20:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

There's just too much to read through so count this as a +1 if its already been asked:

The "When a shortcut is run, if program is already running bring it to the foreground only" option in "Miscellaneous Options", would be must more useful if it was available on each shortcut, or at least on each Dock/Tab.

February 22, 2009 6:54:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

i want the option to remove the objectdock icon from the system tray

May 5, 2009 7:29:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting messiah1,

Here's one for dreaming.  I'd like to see sounds in OD.  Specifically for tabbed docks.  Click on a tab, play a sound.

I would like some more !!... a customizable sound on clicking the icons on the dock !!

May 5, 2009 8:20:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Nimbin,

I'll second that...and since I have OD+, I have two. I'd like at least to be able to (if I have to have a systray icon) be able to right click on it and have a choice to quit the zoomer or the tabbed dock, or both.

May 5, 2009 1:27:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I wish there was a transparency option for the dock icons like there is for the background.

May 5, 2009 1:45:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I wish there was a transparency option for the dock icons like there is for the background.

May 5, 2009 1:57:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Messiah, I assume Karmat means user selectable transparency for the icons. It could be achieved with just modifying the icons, but it's kind of cumbersome, specially if it doesn't end up right, and you need to "reopacitate" all the dock icons.

I would like the entire dock to become more transparent if the mouse is not hovering it. And to make it even more tricky, the zoomer dock should adjust transparency on the icons the same way the zoom works. Thus put more transparency on icons the further away from the mouse they are.

May 5, 2009 2:21:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I love those ideas Mickeko, Karmat, etc! 

May 5, 2009 5:20:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Mickeko. Even if I knew how to do it, I wouldn't want to have to go through the process of changing each icon all the time - I'd like it to be a flick of the switch as it is for the backgrounds.

May 9, 2009 1:28:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
i didnt feel like reading all of the forum...call me lazy...but i was wondering if the tabbed docks could also zoom more than they do....the zoom on them is not so great if you use the medium icons setting  
May 11, 2009 12:46:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

i didnt feel like reading all of the forum...call me lazy...but i was wondering if the tabbed docks could also zoom more than they do....the zoom on them is not so great if you use the medium icons setting

Good idea!

June 25, 2009 9:20:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'll second that...and since I have OD+, I have two. I'd like at least to be able to (if I have to have a systray icon) be able to right click on it and have a choice to quit the zoomer or the tabbed dock, or both.

I don't have any OD icons in my system tray...or maybe I'm not understanding you both.  Can you show me a SS?

And this post serves as a BUMP...

June 25, 2009 9:21:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'd like to see a UI like Nexus. The new one.

I'd like it to bhe able to identify the skin you're using, see if it has a matching dock and if you want to switch docks....and/or give the option to download and install the dock.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001031   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.