Wallpapers Are Not Applied

By on July 29, 2007 12:31:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

mskitty666

Join Date 06/2007

I recently purchased Object Desktop and am having two problems.

(1)The first problem is that when I apply a theme, the theme manager always is downloading something. Shouldn't the themes included already be installed on my system? How do I stop this?

(2) This is a big problem. Sometimes when applying themes, the wallpaper is not applied at the same time. I have the advanced dialog which shows all the components available and lets you select what to install. Always the wallpaper is selected yet is simply ignored and not applied. This happens with most of the themes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 29, 2007 12:41:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
What type of themes, DX themes, complete suites.?
July 29, 2007 12:46:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
the theme manager always is downloading something.

This makes me think Suites, most suites do not include skins in download but are made to include links to all parts. This is why theme manager is downloading.

Always the wallpaper is selected yet is simply ignored and not applied.

May be, with all the changes to WC, that the link for wall and maybe other parts of suites have changed and thus theme manager can't find the old outdated link to download.

July 29, 2007 6:31:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
What type of themes, DX themes, complete suites.?

I have mostly downloaded suites, but I don't know if the ones included are themes or suites.

the theme manager always is downloading something.

This makes me think Suites, most suites do not include skins in download but are made to include links to all parts. This is why theme manager is downloading.

Always the wallpaper is selected yet is simply ignored and not applied.

May be, with all the changes to WC, that the link for wall and maybe other parts of suites have changed and thus theme manager can't find the old outdated link to download.

Do you mean that suites aren't actual downloads? If the links are broken then doesn't that mean the item has been removed? Why does it still appear in the gallery if it's not available?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 29, 2007 8:10:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Do you mean that suites aren't actual downloads? If the links are broken then doesn't that mean the item has been removed? Why does it still appear in the gallery if it's not available?

I haven't downloaded a suite for some time, when a suite is made using links, that is all the download contains, when apply with theme manager it looks for the links to download skins. Since the site keeps on changing, some of the urls for the skins may have changed thus keeping theme manager from being able to download them to apply.

If the file size of a suite at WC is in kb, then it is most likely done with links, it would be many mb if it contains skins.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.