Theme manager isnt loading suites!

Now this is getting on my nerves :/

By on August 1, 2006 1:10:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

zalsrevenge

Join Date 07/2006
Darnit this is starting to make me mad. Anytime I try to load a suite, it doesn't start to download, and the theme manager instantly closes. What am I doing wrong? I have checked the settings on the theme manager and my firewall, but everything SHOULD be working. Is it possible that the target on the theme manager to the website is messed up? Please help me!
8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 1, 2006 1:34:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Maybe an AntiVirus script blocking?
August 1, 2006 1:36:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nope, checked the antivirus, I read on another post that I just might have to download them manually, o well
August 1, 2006 1:37:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Which versions of WindowBlinds, IconPackager etc are you running? Are they full or trial versions?
There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 21, 2006 1:01:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Had anybody come up with a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same problem, and it is really starting to make me upset. I paid good money to have this software.

ThemeManager continuously refuses to download suite components. It's like it's trying to establish connection with the Stardock server (or whatever it does), but nothing ever happens. And when I finally cancel the download, the app crashes. What's strange is I had everything working fine at one point, but I had a computer crash and ended up formatting my hard drive. Now it's a no go.

If anyone from Stardock support can lend a hand, please do. As zalsrevenge said, it's almost like the download urls are messed up somehow. Either that or ThemeManager just can't establish a connection to the server for some reason.

September 21, 2006 2:41:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Had anybody come up with a solution to this?.......If anyone from Stardock support can lend a hand, please do.

I suggest you contact Stardock directly if you've been experiencing this for some time. This post is pretty old already, therefore it's doubtfull you'll solve your problem here. Upon contacting them, you'll need to give them at least 2 "Work Days" to respond (they don't work on Weekends). support@stardock.com
April 26, 2007 8:59:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
i ave the same problem, i have looked into it and have found out that it is "Data Execution Protection" [DEP} that is stopping it. even though i know what it is i cant find out where to turn it off. can anyone help?
April 26, 2007 9:53:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
open 'my computer' and click 'view system info' on the left
advanced tab
performance - settings
data execution tab
April 27, 2007 7:44:36 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
unfortunately still not working, might not actualy be dep
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.